Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC strategy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CC strategy

Right now I'm just waiting for an auto CLI by CFF, I've been heavily using it and PIF, hoping for an increase from a meagre 500. Got the card last October almost the same time as Citi DC, and already had an auto CLI from DC(1000 to 1500) about a month ago. I really would like an increase to use it on travel such as rental car. Did use it on some domestic flights which is cheaper than rental(Spirit, etc., which cost around 200 lol). I might be going home soon(South Korea), so it'll be great if I can use my saved UR points.

If no increase, I wonder what my chance is for Amazon(not Prime). Seeing so many monster CLI, just wets my appetite lol. Ideally if I get it and get CLI, will allocate most of them to Flex to use for travel. Or can one use Chase travel portal with this Amazon card as well. 

Or, I read that Slate edge confers bigger SL, but other than allocating limit to CFF,  have really no use for it. 

Right now no CC offers at Just For You section, and if I click Open an acct; personal CC, always show 6 cards, Slate Edge, SP, SR, Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Plus, Boundless, Explorer, but not Amazon. Not getting preapproved at Amazon site either.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I know I should just garden lol, but just in case..I'm thinking I 'might' apply for Amazon next month(Disco It was February, so frankly too early, but who knows...)

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase CC strategy

I would not bet on getting a Chase Amazon in hopes of getting those monster cli. Those are just too unpredictable to base an app strategy onSmiley Wink

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess so 😅 it's really too bad I got declined for that last year or something. Been using Store card a lot from Synchrony, which resulted in increase from 2100 to 4000, but frankly Visa card would've been better(no FTF, and I don't have Visa cc, all Mastercards)..I just hope Chase CLI my CFF adequately at the least, then I wouldn't have to apply any more Chase cards for now 😭

Aside from that hoping for graduation of CO Plat secured, 1 yr coming up next month, and will hopefully PC to Venture One(I do like to have at least one travel card)

Message 3 of 43
AwsiDooger
New Contributor

Chase is all over the map with me. Freedom is by far my lowest limit of any card at $1000. It was only the second credit card I ever had, after a Macy's store card. Chase started me at $400 with Freedom about 9 years ago, then bumped to $1000 within a few months, and has been there ever since. I inquired about an increase one time but was not received warmly so I chuckled and hung up the phone.

I've mentioned that as a gambler I am treated wildly differently from one credit card company to the next. Chase is the only bank that varies wildly from one card to the other. I had Chase AARP and they gave me increases several times before it shifted to Barclays. I have the regular Chase Amazon card. Out of nowhere and for seemingly no reason whatsoever they surged my limit from $2500 to $12,800. This was simultaneous to other companies like Synchrony drastically cutting my limits. The other day TD Bank more than doubled my limit, without prompting. I kind of enjoy the uncertainty. When I get an alert from Experian I never know which direction it will be.  

Chase Freedom Flex is my favorite card right now, after getting it 3 months ago. I'll need to stock up on groceries in the next few days before the double 5% goes away at the end of March. They started me with $6300 limit. I hope it doesn't sit there doing nothing like a bond fund. Credit card limits really should change every day. Otherwise it's like a push...a 3 point favorite that wins by exactly 3. Yawn.

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AwsiDooger wrote:

Chase is all over the map with me. Freedom is by far my lowest limit of any card at $1000. It was only the second credit card I ever had, after a Macy's store card. Chase started me at $400 with Freedom about 9 years ago, then bumped to $1000 within a few months, and has been there ever since. I inquired about an increase one time but was not received warmly so I chuckled and hung up the phone.

I've mentioned that as a gambler I am treated wildly differently from one credit card company to the next. Chase is the only bank that varies wildly from one card to the other. I had Chase AARP and they gave me increases several times before it shifted to Barclays. I have the regular Chase Amazon card. Out of nowhere and for seemingly no reason whatsoever they surged my limit from $2500 to $12,800. This was simultaneous to other companies like Synchrony drastically cutting my limits. The other day TD Bank more than doubled my limit, without prompting. I kind of enjoy the uncertainty. When I get an alert from Experian I never know which direction it will be.  

Chase Freedom Flex is my favorite card right now, after getting it 3 months ago. I'll need to stock up on groceries in the next few days before the double 5% goes away at the end of March. They started me with $6300 limit. I hope it doesn't sit there doing nothing like a bond fund. Credit card limits really should change every day. Otherwise it's like a push...a 3 point favorite that wins by exactly 3. Yawn.

see, this is why I just can't 'pass' Amazon 😅 what have you done @AwsiDooger lol. 

and Freedom was bumped within a few months??! Why did't that happen to my CFF then, when I've been heaviliy using it and PIF 😭 gonna wait till next month, and if no CFI, I'll just have to pull the trigger for Amazon...but is it already too late? I've read all the monster CLI's happen late last year, but how many this year? ugggghhhh.... another problem is inquiries, not only credit cards; Experian 25 lol, TU 6, and I expect Chase will pull those in CA. Funny thing is Experian score is the highest now at 711, TU 694 or something

Message 5 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Right now I'm just waiting for an auto CLI by CFF, I've been heavily using it and PIF, hoping for an increase from a meagre 500. Got the card last October almost the same time as Citi DC, and already had an auto CLI from DC(1000 to 1500) about a month ago. I really would like an increase to use it on travel such as rental car. Did use it on some domestic flights which is cheaper than rental(Spirit, etc., which cost around 200 lol). I might be going home soon(South Korea), so it'll be great if I can use my saved UR points.

If no increase, I wonder what my chance is for Amazon(not Prime). Seeing so many monster CLI, just wets my appetite lol. Ideally if I get it and get CLI, will allocate most of them to Flex to use for travel. Or can one use Chase travel portal with this Amazon card as well. 

Or, I read that Slate edge confers bigger SL, but other than allocating limit to CFF,  have really no use for it. 

Right now no CC offers at Just For You section, and if I click Open an acct; personal CC, always show 6 cards, Slate Edge, SP, SR, Southwest® Rapid Rewards® Plus, Boundless, Explorer, but not Amazon. Not getting preapproved at Amazon site either.

Any suggestions would be helpful. I know I should just garden lol, but just in case..I'm thinking I 'might' apply for Amazon next month(Disco It was February, so frankly too early, but who knows...)

1. I wouldn't pin my hopes on an auto CLI from Chase. Yes they happen but not something to count on. The best way to get one is to use the card heavily and pay it down heavily. But if you don't get one after the card's been open 7 months, your best shot is to burn a hard pull on a CLI application.

2. The monster credit limits and CLI's on the Amazon Prime card could be a passing thing; historically it didn't have particularly high limits.

3.  Amazon prime doesn't give you UR rewards.

4.  I don't know where you read that the Chase Slate has high limits; everything I have seen points to the opposite, low starting limits.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. I wouldn't pin my hopes on an auto CLI from Chase. Yes they happen but not something to count on. The best way to get one is to use the card heavily and pay it down heavily. But if you don't get one after the card's been open 7 months, your best shot is to burn a hard pull on a CLI application.

2. The monster credit limits and CLI's on the Amazon Prime card could be a passing thing; historically it didn't have particularly high limits.

4.  I don't know where you read that the Chase Slate has high limits; everything I have seen points to the opposite, low starting limits.

Thank you @SouthJamaica , well then I will just have to wait for auto CLI, till next month, and if it doesn't happen, hmmm, not good, can't really apply for another core card like Unlimited and CSP, per 5/24 rule.

My only hope then is to try for Amazon Visa and if it gets approved for a decent limit, try to reallocate some or most of the limits to CFF..and yes those monster SL/CLI for Amazon(wonder if it's only been done for Prime, I was actually gunning for non-Prime version which nets 3% not 5% on Amazon purchases..) might be a passing thing, or already has passed lol, which is why I'm nervous about the application timing, uggghh..

Message 7 of 43
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @SouthJamaica , well then I will just have to wait for auto CLI, till next month, and if it doesn't happen, hmmm, not good, can't really apply for another core card like Unlimited and CSP, per 5/24 rule.

My only hope then is to try for Amazon Visa and if it gets approved for a decent limit, try to reallocate some or most of the limits to CFF..and yes those monster SL/CLI for Amazon(wonder if it's only been done for Prime, I was actually gunning for non-Prime version which nets 3% not 5% on Amazon purchases..) might be a passing thing, or already has passed lol, which is why I'm nervous about the application timing, uggghh..

You seem to be under the impression that the Chase Amazon card isn't under the 5/24 rule. 

While some have recently been approved when over 5/24 plenty of people have been denied. 

You have less than a year of revolving history and 7 cards in 6 months. Your profile screams high risk with all of the excessive credit seeking you have been doing.

I am predicting a big fat denial if you apply. 

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You seem to be under the impression that the Chase Amazon card isn't under the 5/24 rule. 

While some have recently been approved when over 5/24 plenty of people have been denied. 

You have less than a year of revolving history and 7 cards in 6 months. Your profile screams high risk with all of the excessive credit seeking you have been doing.

I am predicting a big fat denial if you apply. 

oh no I know that @dragontears , that's why I'm pinning hope on auto CLI, if that happens I don't need to risk applying AND a probable denial.

Message 9 of 43
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. You can always do a CLI application if you're willing to burn a hard pull.

2.  Chase is very user friendly about reallocating limits.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.