Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CL Decrease 20k>>>10K Lack of Use

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Chase CL Decrease 20k>>>10K Lack of Use

A little activity on cards goes a long way ...

Message 11 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

True, which is why I set up automatic charge on teh cards i definitely want to keep. Although that doesn't mean a $15K CL is safe from a CLD by having a $100 charger every other month etc.  As the saying goes use it or lose it. Some of use may find ourselves losing unused portion of CL, especially in a time of less spending.

Which i would think lenders would also take that into account when determining AA.

Message 12 of 77
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I've had Chase card 20+ years. Also have Citi and Amex cards with higher limits. Don't carry any balances. Currently we use wife's Freedom card and Discover for points.

How about PC to Freedom Unlimited? For non-category spend it gets you 1.5 UR, better than the 1 UR of Freedom? 

I also get BT offers ( or did ) on the CFU.  

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 13 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, After seeing if I can maintain my orig limit I'm going to ask Chase to switch it to the Freedom Unlinmited, will compliment Wife's Freedom card and make it more likely to get used. Thanks for the advice.

Message 14 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, After seeing if I can maintain my orig limit I'm going to ask Chase to switch it to the Freedom Unlinmited, will compliment Wife's Freedom card and make it more likely to get used. Thanks for the advice.

I use my cards monthly and I like to report a high balance after I get it to maybe help keep CLDs at bay. Not sure it means a hill of beans for preventing CLDs, but so far the beans are stacking and no CLD in at least 20 years.

I PCd my CFU to CF, then later opened a new CFU. I like the CFU more than I used to now since it has extended warranty and trip interruption coverage and a rate of 1.5% cash back. Can't get those features on my DC anymore, so CFU is a good card in my opinion. 

Message 15 of 77
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I have utilization but pay off monthly. Low usage on my Chase Slate, as I said last balance paid was in December.

that means you have no recorded utilization if its before the cut as you may or may not know

Message 16 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number on the letter, the Chase rep tapped a few keys and told me I was good to go, my credit line would stay intact. He did not ask me any questions.

As to converting my Slate to a Freedom Unlimited he told me I would have to apply for the FU card first then combine. I called again to the number on the back of the card and used the magic words "product change" and no problem. The rep also confirmed my CL issue was indeed fixed.   Thanks

Message 17 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I called the number on the letter, the Chase rep tapped a few keys and told me I was good to go, my credit line would stay intact. He did not ask me any questions.

As to converting my Slate to a Freedom Unlimited he told me I would have to apply for the FU card first then combine. I called again to the number on the back of the card and used the magic words "product change" and no problem. The rep also confirmed my CL issue was indeed fixed.   Thanks

Sounds to me as if the algorithm that reduces CLs doesn't really hit the bullseye very well, and they know it, and CSRs can fix it without asking any questions. 

Message 18 of 77
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sounds to me as if the algorithm that reduces CLs doesn't really hit the bullseye very well, and they know it, and CSRs can fix it without asking any questions. 

I wonder if here, and with Amex, it's not so much individual risk management as an attempt to reduce unused exposure over all.   If enough people don't call to get the lines back (and I didn't with Amex) they might get what they need, and so anyone who does call and complains can be made happy.

Message 19 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if here, and with Amex, it's not so much individual risk management as an attempt to reduce unused exposure over all.   If enough people don't call to get the lines back (and I didn't with Amex) they might get what they need, and so anyone who does call and complains can be made happy.

I thought that too in an earlier post a few months ago. If even 25% of the people don't notice or call to restore it, they reduced 25% of the account risks with no one caring.

Message 20 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.