Did you mean: 

Chase CLD x3 < 1 Call to JPMC < CLD's Voided

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CLD x2

@credit_is_crack wrote:

@Gmood1 @CreditCuriosity @Jnbmom @AllZero 

I guess its just that time as you all mentioned, but I did appreciate the advanced notice. CC you're right, so I just called them. The guy answered before the "Thanks for calling JP Morgan Chase" intro message was even done - total hold time, 4 seconds Smiley LOL. He sounded like he had been getting these calls all day, poor dude. 

He said "Actually yes, we sent these out to see if you were interested in it and agreed to the new terms, but if you disagree we can update it so the accounts remain as is". He did it on both cards, didn't ask any questions, but I did throw in "I was just confused by why I got them because I'm not sure how much you were expecting me to spend at a hotel with no traveling going on.." lol 

4 minutes later, he did whatever they do and said I was good, my limits would remain as is. So I guess CLD and now back to normal lol (but I'm still closing the Ritz and rolling the limit into my Amazon when that next fee hits)

It is your 'dashing' and 'debonair' personality that over took him (don't loose it either) !  Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 43
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is your 'dashing' and 'debonair' personality that over took him (don't loose it either) !  Smiley Very Happy

LOL @Anonymous - I mentioned yesterday that I only got 2 letters, and then I get home today and see the 3rd one for my CSP. Going from $30k > $15k. Considering the easy success yesterday I rang them up and got the same result. They'll be leaving the line as is. The CSP letter printed on 6/05 while the Amazon/Ritz printed on 6/04

Message 22 of 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I paid for medical services with Freedom today. I took a different card out, but then I was all "Nooooo, wait. I dont want letters, let me give you a different card" 

That girl looked at me like I was the crazy one, and I really wanted to give her link to this forum, just to make sure they understand I ain't cray cray. 

Then she goes "Oh yeah, I have some cards with high balances after all this" 

🤦‍♀️

Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

... I really wanted to give her link to this forum, just to make sure they understand I ain't cray cray. 

When I have directed others to this forum it has not had that effect.

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Thanks for the update.  Definitely seems like the strategy here was "cut them if they're not being used, reinstate them if they call."

I wonder how far they are going back though, the last 12 months or the last 3? I could understand it if it's a very rarely used card, but they have to keep in mind millions of people have likely slowed down on spending since March/April.

Message 25 of 43
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

Yup... got 1st letter today (of what I assume will eventually be 3) on my United Club card. 1 minunte on hold and rep undid it ... and yes, they have been getting FLOODED with calls Smiley Happy 

Message 26 of 43
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

What is the phone #, have some time today i might as well be proactive about it as have a few obscene lines with them and nip it in the butt before getting the letters Smiley Happy.  Special # or just number on back of card?

Message 27 of 43
MJ-san
Frequent Contributor

When I spoke with the rep, I asked about my other cards and she said to wait until I receive a letter on each of them. 

Message 28 of 43
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase CLD x3 < 1 Call to JPMC < CLD's Voided

Slightly off-topic:  Are all notification that is mailed to the customer uploaded and accessible via the (customer login) website?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

What is the phone #, have some time today i might as well be proactive about it as have a few obscene lines with them and nip it in the butt before getting the letters Smiley Happy.  Special # or just number on back of card?

@CreditCuriosity    no ... no ... no  remember? "Don't poke the bear"!  Smiley Frustrated

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.