Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLD

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Chase CLD

Logged into my Chase account this morning and saw that my Freedom card went from a $10k Cl to $5k.  I called to find out why and they said that it was because of "increasing credit obligations".  When pushed for further explanation she said she wasn't sure if it was the increasing credit lines or increasing balances.  I asked her how she would possibly see increasing balances and she said "In August 2012 you had $268 in credit card balances, now you have $4,000.  

I tried to explain to her that the $4k was from my CSP statement and that if she looked close enough she would see that it was paid already.  Didn't help any.  She offered to restore the CL if I wanted to take a hard inquiry, I politely declined.   

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase CLD

did you talk to the EO?

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 2 of 12
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Man, that sucks when CL goes down like half or more. Hope your utility isn't too high.
Message 3 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I have emailed them, we'll see what they say whenever there is a response.

Message 4 of 12
starry1
Valued Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Logged into my Chase account this morning and saw that my Freedom card went from a $10k Cl to $5k.  I called to find out why and they said that it was because of "increasing credit obligations".  When pushed for further explanation she said she wasn't sure if it was the increasing credit lines or increasing balances.  I asked her how she would possibly see increasing balances and she said "In August 2012 you had $268 in credit card balances, now you have $4,000.  

I tried to explain to her that the $4k was from my CSP statement and that if she looked close enough she would see that it was paid already.  Didn't help any.  She offered to restore the CL if I wanted to take a hard inquiry, I politely declined.   

A change from August 2012 to November 2013?!  That doesn't even make any sense.  I think yu got ahold of someone who doesn't know much.  Have you tried the EO?

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

Try calling back door to reach an analyst. No need to call EO yet. Or if you are patient enough, wait for the letter.

Did you open a lot of cards or took up huge loan(s) recently? My guess is that your DTI went above what they would have preferred?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Try calling back door to reach an analyst. No need to call EO yet. Or if you are patient enough, wait for the letter.

Did you open a lot of cards or took up huge loan(s) recently? My guess is that your DTI went above what they would have preferred?

Purchased a new truck last week, traded in my Subaru that was financed by them but the payment difference is $100 a month on $9k a month in salary income (plus $4k a month in net business income).  We'll see what the letter has to say.  

I am not mad, I understand its all business to them, my total credit lines with them are $45k so its not like they don't have exposure out there.  I only use the Freedom card for $1k a month on quarterly categories.  

Message 7 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

I think you should wait for the letter then.

Has the new truck loan showed up on your CR yet? If the previous car loan has yet to update as closed and paid off, and a new car loan is added on top of that during the meantime, it could have put you over their DTI threshold, even though its temporary. In situations like this, I think you have a good chance at getting your previous CL restored.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to you.. IMHO contact EO and see were that takes you since Chase recon is so good I assume the EO route is even better

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 12
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I think you should wait for the letter then.

Has the new truck loan showed up on your CR yet? If the previous car loan has yet to update as closed and paid off, and a new car loan is added on top of that during the meantime, it could have put you over their DTI threshold, even though its temporary. In situations like this, I think you have a good chance at getting your previous CL restored.

No, just bought it last week.  No new reporting.  I'll wait for the letter and decide

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.