Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI Hard Pull Question

tag
spudbro
Valued Member

Chase CLI Hard Pull Question

So I have had my CSP and Freedom for over 6 months with great history using the credit limit on both cards and paying it off etc. I have been trying to get a CLI via a soft inquiry since last month but they obviously refuse to do it via soft pull and I really don't want another inquiry.

My question is today I applied for a mortgage with them so obviously they did a hard pull. Is it possibly I can have my mortgage banker request a CLI using this report or if I call the executive office? Curious if anyone has tried doing a CLI this route before.

Figured I'd try and maximize the 1 inquiry with them if possible.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase CLI Hard Pull Question

Not sure but if you are trying to get a mtg you should not be attempting to obtain new debt. Cli or new accts should not be tried at any point during the mtg process.
Message 2 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@spudbro wrote:

So I have had my CSP and Freedom for over 6 months with great history using the credit limit on both cards and paying it off etc. I have been trying to get a CLI via a soft inquiry since last month but they obviously refuse to do it via soft pull and I really don't want another inquiry.

My question is today I applied for a mortgage with them so obviously they did a hard pull. Is it possibly I can have my mortgage banker request a CLI using this report or if I call the executive office? Curious if anyone has tried doing a CLI this route before.

Almost zero chance, they're completely different business units with different underwriting systems most likely.  May not even share much data between the two.

Honestly if you want a Chase CLI, expect a HP regardless.... but do it post mortgage closing Smiley Happy.  I may not ever try to CLI my $1K freedom, it's big enough for the 5% categories for me (restaurant spending is on the order of $700/month as an example) and I'd do better to simply open a different card later after my profile is better... unless I'm tradeline complete and have nothing better to do with my credit report than try to get a CLI on the Freedom.  That's pure fantasy land from where I am today.

        
Message 3 of 8
spudbro
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
Not sure but if you are trying to get a mtg you should not be attempting to obtain new debt. Cli or new accts should not be tried at any point during the mtg process.

I'm not trying to get a credit limit increase if it is a hard pull but I am if I can maximine the one pull from my mortgage, but it sounds like I can't. My dti is really in line so I'm not worried about a CLI effecting anything just didn't want to lose the points from an inquiry.

Message 4 of 8
spudbro
Valued Member

@Revelate wrote:

@spudbro wrote:

Almost zero chance, they're completely different business units with different underwriting systems most likely.  May not even share much data between the two.

Honestly if you want a Chase CLI, expect a HP regardless.... but do it post mortgage closing Smiley Happy.  I may not ever try to CLI my $1K freedom, it's big enough for the 5% categories for me (restaurant spending is on the order of $700/month as an example) and I'd do better to simply open a different card later after my profile is better... unless I'm tradeline complete and have nothing better to do with my credit report than try to get a CLI on the Freedom.  That's pure fantasy land from where I am today.

Okay this makes complete sense. Figured I'd ask as I just wanted to maximize the inquiry since I already took the hard pull so to speak.

Message 5 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

I've asked about this before, and it can't be done. You are seeking two different types of credit, so you get stuck with two HPs.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 8
gstq34
Contributor

I even asked them to use the same pull from a personal CC for a INK CLI (businesss).  Nope, they wanted a new pull for INK.  They LOVE HP.

Starting Score: 573
Current Score: 764 EX (FAKO)
Goal Score: 760 all 3

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
bribro
Valued Contributor

@gstq34 wrote:

I even asked them to use the same pull from a personal CC for a INK CLI (businesss).  Nope, they wanted a new pull for INK.  They LOVE HP.

Some people have reported only receiving one HP when applying for a Chase personal and business card on the same day. But YMMV.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.