Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI at activation? Approved for Chase Slate with $4K limit

tag

Chase CLI at activation? Approved for Chase Slate with $4K limit

Hello!
I am here for some advice:
After a long journey of credit repair, I have recently had some good luck with approvals from both Amex and now Chase.

I was just received my new Chase Slate in the mail with a $4K limit. This is my biggest limit at the moment (2nd biggest is $1.5K from Cap One). I have heard stories before of people having good luck asking for a CLI at activation time. I am moving soon and I will have a lot of expenses. My cash flow is pretty good so I'll be able to pay it off in short order but I don't want to jack up my utilization.

Has anyone had any luck with Chase?

How do you do this? Most of the time the activation phone number is computerized. Do you call the "back door" number?

Is asking for $8K being super greedy?

Thanks for your advice!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CLI at activation? Approved for Chase Slate with $4K limit

It is very unlikely you would get a CLI at the activation. If you ask for CLI it would probably cost another hard inq on your credit report. Best thing, wait for 6 months and ask for the CLI. Use it a lot and pay off in full. Chase likes to see lot of use on their cards.

Message 2 of 4
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I agree with Concord. I asked for a CLI increase back in November to bring my  limit to 20k when I activated my card and they said no and that it had to be at the 6 month mark. However, customer initiated CLI are hard pulls from what they told me. I've called a few times since and they have all said hard...;(

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 4

Okay, thanks for the responses.

I suppose I'll just be happy with the initial limit they gave me. Supposing I didn't want any more hard pulls, is Chase good about giving automatic CLI on their own?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.