Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI worth a HP? Experiences?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Chase CLI worth a HP? Experiences?

So, I've had my Chase Freedom about six months....

I emailed them via a Secure Message, and they replied explaining that it would indeed be a HP for a CLI.

I HATE HPs! So.... I don't think they would approve it anyway.... and I'm not wasting a HP

Has anyone had good experiences with requesting a CLI six months in? I know the ONLY time I've gotten a CLI from Chase is on an old Platinum, turned Slate card which was auto cli to $700 from $400... haha when I was 19.

I've had a Slate with a $2500 CL from that same time.

and the only current, active, and open Chase account I have is the $5,000 Freedom in question. The others were pif and closed bc they tried to increase my APR.

I guess what I'm asking.. is Chase good with CLIs? I'd like to hear experience with Chase clis if anyone would like to share....BTW, this card is my only card that is close to being maxed out due to the 0% apr on purchases and bts. :-) lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CLI worth a HP? Experiences?

I called Chase after having my Freedom for 1 month and asked them to double the limit and after a HP, they did. 

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 2 of 28
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Since the card is close to its limit, you may not have the best luck.

If your credit has significantly improved since you apped, that would likely be your only hope. That includes having many older accounts with higher limits and low utilization at other banks.

I would pay down the balance and wait another 6 months before chancing a hard pull.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My score has actually improved like almost 100 points! and the two reports they use usually (EQ&EXP) are completely CLEAN now :-) My FICO was like 640 when I got approved, and now it is closer to 740 on EXP specifically.

Hmmm... I just don't know if a HP is worth it ! lol I've never had this many inqs on my reports! lol I have like about ten on each report, give or take a few. I guess some people do have like 20 something though haha!

and it was only within the past month or two that  I charged it up so high. 0% is just amazing!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 28
djrez4
Established Contributor

Try calling the executive office.  They can request CLIs without a hard pull.

Message 5 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Thanks djrez! The reason I love this forum!! haha I didn't even know Chase had an Exec Office! haha :-D

Message 6 of 28
p-
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Thanks djrez! The reason I love this forum!! haha I didn't even know Chase had an Exec Office! haha :-D

Yup - even Orchard has an executive office.  But I think that one is in a motel six in South dakota...  

Message 7 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I know the num to Orchard Bank underwriting ahha!!

Message 8 of 28
ricefed
Contributor

Gerald A. Smith CEO Credit Card Services
Phone: Edited

Fax: Edited

E-Mail Address: Edited

This is for chase not orchard lol.

Post edited to remove direct contact info. In the future, don't post anyone's direct contact info. Names are allowed provided they are a public figure and a case can be made for that. As an alternative, feel free to post any website (e.g. like this one) that has that info (provided that URL doesn't break the rules of this site). - llecs, myFICO moderator

NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 9 of 28
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Hmmm... I just don't know if a HP is worth it ! lol I've never had this many inqs on my reports! lol I have like about ten on each report, give or take a few. I guess some people do have like 20 something though haha!

Experian is at twenty one for me, all in 2011.I just tried for an increase on an eleven month old Chase Freedom and was declined. I rang in again and was granted 4000 from 3000. Both people said that all the new accounts (fifteen or something) is the reason for the decline. Utilisation is round 1 or 2%, so if you have opened up a lot of accounts, I would not bother. Chase and Barclays are tough for me; everyone else increases without question.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.