Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CLI

I understand Chase requires a HP for like 98% of their CLIs, but are they at least generous CLI?

For instance, I see people talking about Citi SP CLI being in the 500-1000 range generally, but HP CLI being in the 3000-6000 range (sometimes more). Assuming their profile supports it, of course.

For those of you that have experience with Chase, would you say the majority of their HP CLIs are similar to Citi's SP or HP ranges? Or is it very random...?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand Chase requires a HP for like 98% of their CLIs, but are they at least generous CLI?

For instance, I see people talking about Citi SP CLI being in the 500-1000 range generally, but HP CLI being in the 3000-6000 range (sometimes more). Assuming their profile supports it, of course.

For those of you that have experience with Chase, would you say the majority of their HP CLIs are similar to Citi's SP or HP ranges? Or is it very random...?

My mom just got a SP CLI mailer on her Freedom. She went from $17K to $20.5K. 

Meanwhile across town, her SP CLI is equal to my Freedom Unlimted CL Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one Chase HP cli on a Freedom from 2750 to 5.5k. This was shortly after getting approved for a CSP at $5k We left them alone, just using them as normal. In the year following Chase auto cli on both cards Freedom went from 5.5k to 10k to 12.5k. CSP went from 5k to 7.5k to 11k. In that same time I opened a BCP at 6k and got a CLI to 15k. I think Chase was just trying to keep up, lol.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Guess it depends highly on your situation rather than them being chase or 'random'.

Things like having some history w/ them, having internal limit left and having higher income (than when they approved the previous CL) should help, but if you try to force CLI after they're already reluctant with opening account for you (i.e. near internal limit without any change in your situation) then there's risk of getting a toy CLI

Smiley Happybtw. I got a 1000 HP CLI from them a long time ago on the +1 student card, that's probably why I've never again asked chase for CLI, just for new cards. 

Message 4 of 6
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

In general, how long have you had the Chase cards which you found auto-CLI'd??

Message 5 of 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I took a HP on a CLI with Chase once... took me from 5k to 15k, the "lending department" rep I spoke to said income is what they primarily look at to analyze your CL on a CLI
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.