Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLIs...any reasons?

tag
jd352
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CLIs...any reasons?

@maiden_girl wrote:

That's a big number. How much have you paid down so far? And how many do you have? Is that the total amount on one account or several?

I started at $72k when I left college. It took about 3 years to get to $55k. Between my wife and I working we were able to save up a significant amount of money. We decided it would be best to drain the savings (we are young - so it wasn't a huge gamble). By the end of next month I will have the SL's paid down to where I just owe about $5k. All in all, it is about a total of 10 different credit lines that varied from $400 up to $23k. 

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 11 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@jd352 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

That's a big number. How much have you paid down so far? And how many do you have? Is that the total amount on one account or several?

I started at $72k when I left college. It took about 3 years to get to $55k. Between my wife and I working we were able to save up a significant amount of money. We decided it would be best to drain the savings (we are young - so it wasn't a huge gamble). By the end of next month I will have the SL's paid down to where I just owe about $5k. All in all, it is about a total of 10 different credit lines that varied from $400 up to $23k. 

Ah understandable. You might appear as a credit risk to Chase because you have several installment loans with varying amounts. Maybe pay off the smaller amounts if you can to get the loan numbers down?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 16
Faust

They are completely unpredictable it seems.

I used my Southwest card heavily for a bit over a year and never got a CLI... however, I just got a CLI this weekend on that same card after I've not used it at all for a few months.

When I had a Slate they did a CLI on it after only about three or four months carrying only a small balance.

Message 13 of 16
jd352
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@jd352 wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Ah understandable. You might appear as a credit risk to Chase because you have several installment loans with varying amounts. Maybe pay off the smaller amounts if you can to get the loan numbers down?

As of today - only 4 exist ($450, $2,00ish, $3000ish). I paid off all of the highest interest rates first. I am thinking I am not much a risk anymore, even though when they pulled me for the CSP my balances were still $55k because they approved me with $15.2k for the CSP. Now, whether or not they will auto CLI that at sometime is a whole other story. Time will tell!

NPSL............... $20,700........... $15,200.......... $5,000............ $15,000............ $20,000
Current Scores: Equifax: 761 (Fico) TransUnion: 751 (Fico) Experian: 768 (Fico)
Message 14 of 16
csryang
Frequent Contributor

It's funny that you made this post. I just logged in yesterday and found out that I got a CLI from them. It was 7k on my chase freedom and now 8.5k. The exact 6 month for that card is actually in 2weeks or so but this is the 6th month. I usually had 1-2k each month of usage through that account but this past month I had about 7k+ with more than 30-40 transactions as I have been traveling. A data point for you I guess. Also, I have always been PIF multiple times a month except letting <10% of my CL report before it cut.
Message 15 of 16
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@csryang wrote:
It's funny that you made this post. I just logged in yesterday and found out that I got a CLI from them. It was 7k on my chase freedom and now 8.5k. The exact 6 month for that card is actually in 2weeks or so but this is the 6th month. I usually had 1-2k each month of usage through that account but this past month I had about 7k+ with more than 30-40 transactions as I have been traveling. A data point for you I guess. Also, I have always been PIF multiple times a month except letting <10% of my CL report before it cut.

This sounds like me. I charge hundreds or even thousands every other month and pay multiple times per month (sometimes 5 times a month) and got two increased with them. I purchased a 2600 bedroom set using my Freedom card and right after that I got a huge CL bump.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.