Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CLs Combined!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Chase CLs Combined!

I'm so happy to report that I have combined my Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon cards. The accounts are only a few weeks old and I was able to call Chase and I got connected to a really nice agent in Illinois. He was able to move my CL from my Chase Amazon to my Chase Freedom and close out my Chase Amazon. I now have a total credit line from Chase of $4,500 on my freedom card!! I'm 500 away from Freedom siggy! OMG! I can't believe thiss!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Chase CLs Combined!

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 15
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

Yep, just did this about 30 minutes ago as well.  I opened a Chase Freedom card about a few months ago and I decided that I wasn't really utilizing it and decided to close it out and transfer the credit limit to my Chase Sapphire.  Very fast and nice customer service.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 3 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Same. I'd rather have a few cards with nice limits than a bunch of cards.

Message 4 of 15
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

Yep, just did this about 30 minutes ago as well.  I opened a Chase Freedom card about a few months ago and I decided that I wasn't really utilizing it and decided to close it out and transfer the credit limit to my Chase Sapphire.  Very fast and nice customer service.

Nice CL on that Sapphire... I'm trying to maximize my UR points so I did the reverse.  Opened up a Freedom and took some CL from the SP and hoping to get the Freedom to 5k when I activate it so I can use that 0% BT offer.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 15
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Banks are so ridiculous when it comes to policies like "combining CL's".    Some might combine limits but not allow a soft CLI or PC.  Others don't PC at all but will hand out CLI's like candy.  A hard pull for this, a soft pull for that, it is really getting hard to keep track of.  Maybe that's the fun in it though... end rant.

On topic.

Congrats! I have been thinking of that same thing with my Amazon and Freedom cards.  I don't really use my Amazon card at all anymore but it is one of my oldest tradelines.  I was thinking about moving/closing the Freedom CL over to the Amazon.  That way I can get the Freedom's awesome sign up bonus again plus, hopefully get better terms next time around.  Last time I applied for the Freedom I got a $350 bonus.  I would rather keep and build the older Amazon card. All the while churning the Freedom card every 2 years or so. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 6 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Banks are so ridiculous when it comes to policies like "combining CL's".    Some might combine limits but not allow a soft CLI or PC.  Others don't PC at all but will hand out CLI's like candy.  A hard pull for this, a soft pull for that, it is really getting hard to keep track of.  Maybe that's the fun in it though... end rant.

On topic.

Congrats! I have been thinking of that same thing with my Amazon and Freedom cards.  I don't really use my Amazon card at all anymore but it is one of my oldest tradelines.  I was thinking about moving/closing the Freedom CL over to the Amazon.  That way I can get the Freedom's awesome sign up bonus again plus, hopefully get better terms next time around.  Last time I applied for the Freedom I got a $350 bonus.  I would rather keep and build the older Amazon card. All the while churning the Freedom card every 2 years or so. 

I would keep the card with the rewards that are most beneficial to you. Chase Amazon Rewards weren't beneficial to me. But Chase Freedom Rewards are! Chase was really nice about it and had no problem with the request! I was really surprised!

Message 7 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats, but as an fyi, I have a $5k limit on Freedom, and it is not a Siggy... So a $5k limit doesn't guarantee Signature status :-(
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 15
melbaro
New Contributor

What are the short and long-term effects to AAoA when doing this? I would be scared to close a card I just opened.

Message 9 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Congrats, but as an fyi, I have a $5k limit on Freedom, and it is not a Siggy... So a $5k limit doesn't guarantee Signature status :-(

Maybe you should call in and request siggy status. I'm not sure if its automatic. I think everyone who has it requests it. It's like converting your Freedom MC to Freedom VISA Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.