Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP and CSR - New Benefits Starting August 16

tag
B_Slow1
New Contributor

Re: Chase CSP and CSR - New Benefits Starting August 16

@Citylights18As I understand it, the 10% Returned to you is on your dollars spent, not points earned. So for example, you wouldn't be getting 3.3x back on dining, but effectively 3.1x.

Message 11 of 36
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@B_Slow1 wrote:

@Citylights18As I understand it, the 10% Returned to you is on your dollars spent, not points earned. So for example, you wouldn't be getting 3.3x back on dining, but effectively 3.1x.

If you had a $100 dollar dining purchase that would normally be 300 points. Then at the end of the card member year you would receive an additional 10 points (10% of the original purchase) so that would give you 310 points.

You are right then it would be 3.1x and for a travel purchase 2.1x.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 12 of 36
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

In my pursuit of maximizing points but having an efficient wallet I think I'm going with this lineup.

Top of the wallet:

CFF (3x dining, drugstore, 5x categories)

NFCU More Rewards (No FTF 3x dining, supermarket, gas)

Coinbase (4x on non-category spend)-I've averaged 4.61% CB so far.

Back of the wallet:

WoH (Hyatt & spending promotions)

AMEX Green (AMEX offers, Hotels.com, parking)

Sock Drawer

CSP (3.1 dining/grocery delivery, 5.1 Lyft)

I don't like carrying the CSP around as its a heavy card and if it comes to having a CSP or a CFF in the wallet the CFF has better overall bonuses. The real improvement is that now CSP would be preferred over my AMEX Green for food delivery and a 1 off hotel purchase.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 13 of 36
unsungivy
Established Contributor

And now I'm itching to know what the "new look" for the CSP will be!

SD - Biz -
Message 14 of 36
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@unsungivy wrote:

And now I'm itching to know what the "new look" for the CSP will be!

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/CSP-Redesign-8-16-2021/m-p/6387367#M81538

Please keep discussion of the redesign at that thread

Message 15 of 36
calyx
Super Contributor

I was initially going to have to take a very, very hard look at dropping the CSP since I've pretty much not used it this year, but the updates might make it just worth keeping with my minimal travel, particularly since they didn't increase the AF.    Between that and the Peloton credits, I'm breaking OK on it for a while longer.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 16 of 36
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Still wondering why the CSR doesn't have an anniversary bonus.   At 10% of spend, it's not essential, but probably not a big cost either, and it's a little strange that the "lower" card has a reward that the other doesn't.

Message 17 of 36
MyFault
Valued Contributor

These changes for the CSR are extremely disappointing imo. There's literally no reason to go with the $550 AF CSR now and i'm seriously contemplating downgrading back to the CSP when my AF hits in a few months.
The extra point earning bonus on the CSR vs CSP in the travel portal isn't worth the $250 effective AF when the CSP allows transfer partners and now 3x on dining just like the CSR and CFU/CFF. I NEVER use the Chase travel portal, and if i do in the future to use points to book a cruise or something(which is literally the only reason to use the portal), i can upgrade again later. 
I understand that Chase doesn't HAVE TO change their multipliers due to no real competition now with Citi discontinuing their prestige, and Amex raising their Platinum AF, but Chase has really **bleep** on their CSR customers with this. They should have upgraded the multipliers to 4x dining and travel, to give a real incentive for the CSR over the CSP.

I may just shift all my spending to my BBP and Gold card now, and downgrade CSR to CSP. I just wish i could xfer Amex points to United, since i live at a United Hub.

Also, the new CSP design is ugly imo.
Just my thoughts.

|  
Message 18 of 36
PDXoriginal
Regular Contributor

• 5x total points on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
  • 3x points on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out (previously 2x)

What is the big deal? I already get this on my no fee Freedom Flex!

I am coming up on the annual fee for my CSP, debating if I am keeping it or not.

Message 19 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PDXoriginal wrote:
  • 5x total points on all travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards
  • 3x points on dining, including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out (previously 2x)

What is the big deal? I already get this on my no fee Freedom Flex!

I am coming up on the annual fee for my CSP, debating if I am keeping it or not.

Effective $45 annual fee after the hotel credit. With that in mind I would hold this car for the travel protections alone. If you get stranded somewhere once every 10 years, the card will pay for itself with that. I've had it happen to me twice in the last couple years and my CSR has saved me $1000. Just depends on how much you travel and if you value that perk. 

Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.