Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP offer but no CSR

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Chase CSP offer but no CSR

Hi all! 

I was checking the Chase Prequalify website just out of curiosity as I'm still running the numbers on what my next credit card should be and was baffled to find out it only shows me CSP. I have Freedom and Freedom Unlimited already so that makes sense to exclude.

CSR right now seems to be the frontrunner in total value back with my spending patterns but I still have to run the numbers for Uber and Marvel respectively. 

What could cause CSR not to show? I had 2 hard inquiries just fall off this week (from Chase, 2 years ago). I'm expecting to see 800+ scores when they refresh. Currently hovering between 789-793 across the board (per credit card websites like Amex, Barclay and Chase). 

Your opinions and facts would be appreciated! 

Thanks

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CSP offer but no CSR

Maybe they're concerned your updated income might not be sufficient to merit an additional $10k minimum of credit?
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SecretAzure wrote:

Hi all! 

I was checking the Chase Prequalify website just out of curiosity as I'm still running the numbers on what my next credit card should be and was baffled to find out it only shows me CSP. I have Freedom and Freedom Unlimited already so that makes sense to exclude.

CSR right now seems to be the frontrunner in total value back with my spending patterns but I still have to run the numbers for Uber and Marvel respectively. 

What could cause CSR not to show? I had 2 hard inquiries just fall off this week (from Chase, 2 years ago). I'm expecting to see 800+ scores when they refresh. Currently hovering between 789-793 across the board (per credit card websites like Amex, Barclay and Chase). 

Thanks

As far as I know, Chase does not show prequalified offers for the CSR online.  Its their flagship credit card and they want to maintain its aura of exclusivity.  The only way I know to get a prequalified offer for the CSR is by going into a branch and asking a personal banker if there are any offers.  Otherwise you just have to cold app if you think you're qualified.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to m&b, mine showed in branch not online. 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP now has bigger sub anyway, get it, sve the UR, then PC to csr next year.

Message 5 of 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

Hi all! 

Thanks

As far as I know, Chase does not show prequalified offers for the CSR online.  Its their flagship credit card and they want to maintain its aura of exclusivity.  The only way I know to get a prequalified offer for the CSR is by going into a branch and asking a personal banker if there are any offers.  Otherwise you just have to cold app if you think you're qualified.

You can get a CSR prequal online. I've seen multiple reports of people receiving them.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 6 of 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

@SecretAzure wrote:

Hi all! 

Thanks

Prequalified offers are all about marketing. You could be qualified for the CSR but yet Chase seems to be pushing the CSP with its increased bonus curently since they may have pulled CSR offers currently.

There's too many unknown factors to really determine this.

My fiancee was right at 5/24 when she app'ed for Chase CSR. Denied then decided to try the CSP prequal and was instantly approved on the same day.

They may not feel your credit profile supports the CSR.

Do you have any credit lines that are around 10K ? Chase doesn't like to be the first lender to hand out large credit lines.

It's really hard to say.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your reported income in your profile? What credit limits do you have on your current cards?

The minimum credit limit on a Sapphire Reserve is $10000. If your income level won't get you approved for a starting limit of that size, then it's not worth trying. Plus, generally in order to get approved for a card with that big of a starting limit, you have to already have experience with that size of a limit on another card. You get that by starting smaller and getting a credit limit on a given credit card increased over time to that amount.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve got a similar question. I have CSP 6500, Freedom and Freedom both 3400 All three combined have a total limit of 13300. I want to upgrade CSP to CSR but to do so I need to either ask for CLI or split freedom and freedom unlimited a 3300 limit which seems too low. I fee like a 5000 FU and 2000 Freedom would be perfect, in that case I should ask for additional 3700 on the 6500 CSP and then move around.

How about that 3700 increase? I’m gonna do it in aug when CSP is one year old.

I’m at 730-740 across all three. I have 2 more 10k+ cards from Amex.

Ps: FU and freedom’s 3400 each were a result of a recent double dip apps. Second card may be closed in a few weeks but I just have to wait.
Message 9 of 12
Merlin3482
Contributor

I would definitely app for the CSR card. When I was approved for mine I had just open a card with barclays and Heloc loan. Similar scores and was approved with no issues. Good luck on which ever one you go for. I definitely love my CSR.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.