Income : 50K> annually 

CL :

Freedom 9K (4 years old)

Freedom Unlimited 11.7K (2 years old)

Amex BCE 25K (5 years old)

Barclays Ring 11K (4 years old)

Chevron Texaco MC 10K (6.5 years old)

Best Buy 14K (1.25 years old)

Heloc 20K (2 years old, used in the financing of my home)

No baddies anywhere.

Utilization across cards: <1%

Frequently finance purchases on my BB and report a balance with Freedom.

Fun fact: got all of these limits making ~30K annually except for the BB.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Chase CSP offer but no CSR

There is some anecdotal evidence that Chase CLIs and approvals for new accounts beyond 50% of income are uncommon. My last two Chase apps (2015 and 2018) each brought me to exactly 50% of my application income.

$9k on a Freedom seems like a lot to me. If I was in your shoes, I would probably request a CLD to maybe $5k before applying. *If you want CSR, maybe decrease your limit on CFU, too.*

FT: "Recent reports suggest that closing accounts and/or voluntarily reducing credit lines increases the odds of auto-approval or in-branch pre-approval." https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1809882-applying-chase-credit-cards-2017-onwa...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.