Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP "already approved" for 6k SL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSP "already approved" for 6k SL

So, I'm not looking for another card right now, just poking around. Go to my Chase dashboard and theres a little square saying I'm approved with an SL of 6,000... A couple years ago I would've hopped on that so fast!!! I'm like, naaa.... I've really no use for it now and I'll never use what I have now without getting a higher paying job... I'm sitting on 45k right now and I'm coming up on another AMEX 3X at the 1st of Oct. They say it's based on my info from Chase's Credit Journey. Anyone else see that kind of thing?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase CSP "already approved" for 6k SL

Yes, but it's pretty rare 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine says already approved for $8,000 on CSP.  I refuse to get another card but what's really holing me back is my FU sits at $11,700.  So if I combined them later I would only have $19,700 on the CSP ($19,200 if they left $500 on the FU).  It's gotta be $20k or over for me these days.

Besides, I ditched the CSP once already because of the annual fee.

Message 3 of 11
DH1988
New Contributor

I was surprised when I saw I had one too! One for the Southwest card ($7000) and one for the CSP ($8000, 20%APR). I, like you, would have been so excited to see this once upon a time but I have absolutely no use for either card right now. However, I'd be curious if the offers keep coming and keep getting better! Last December I received a special get $300 for $500 spend SUB for the chase freedom when $150 was being offered to the public so I know Chase does tempt their customers with some extra incentives from time to time!

Now if only I could get a auto CLI on my $2,800 Chase Freedom, i'd really be impressed! Smiley Sad

Cap One QS (5/2008) $7k | Nordstrom VS (7/2017) $15k | Amex BCP (9/2018) $9.8k | Chase Freedom Flex (12/2018) $8.7k | NFCU Amex (9/2019) $31k | NFCU Flagship (12/2019) $15.2k | Discover it (10/20) $7k | Chase Sapphire Preferred (7/2021) $8k |

EXP/TU - 727
Message 4 of 11
grower1
Frequent Contributor

I received one for the CSP also about 2 weeks ago, with a 10K limit.

Message 5 of 11
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Not bad if you can get it. I'd always take a CLI to help with utilization.

AU

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grower1 wrote:

I received one for the CSP also about 2 weeks ago, with a 10K limit.

If it had been 10k, I would've snapped it up! That 5 digit cl would be nice!

Message 7 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations OP on your willpower. Good for you. 

EDIT: Congrats to all of you who held out. It’s wonderful when the consumer can pick and choose. 😁

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 11
bizarrocreditworld
Valued Contributor

I saw it in my wife's account last week for the Southwest card. It was in the Just for You section on the main Chase site.

No credit news is good credit news!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bizarrocreditworld wrote:

I saw it in my wife's account last week for the Southwest card. It was in the Just for You section on the main Chase site.

I have both offers, CSP and Southwest! 

Edit: after initially posting here, I went to the "Just for you" page and saw that. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.