Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CSP vs JPM Palladium

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CSP vs JPM Palladium

Well, no one had a good reason to switch to the Palladium so I passed ... $595/yr just seems like a lot with little benefit.  However, my banker did just increase my CSP to $25k without an HP, so that was nice ;-)

Message 11 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, no one had a good reason to switch to the Palladium so I passed ... $595/yr just seems like a lot with little benefit.  However, my banker did just increase my CSP to $25k without an HP, so that was nice ;-)

A few people have it, but you nailed it the CSP is a better card.  Nice that you got your CL increased, althogh suprised they did it without a HP as Chase isn't known for this, but if you moved a good chunk of change I guess anythign is possible for them to push it through.

Message 12 of 25
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

One of the benefits of the palladium is the hidden trade line 

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 13 of 25
dilettante
Established Contributor

I have had the Palladium for a few years. IMHO, unless your banker is willing to waive the AF or at least give a substantial reimbursement of the AF, the CSP is a better card.

It would be worth it if these benefits will be used:

1.  Full United Club Membership (they used to also give 50% off for spouse but no more)

2.  Unlimited Priority Pass - you can bring in as many guests as you wish

3.  Black Membership to Global Hotel Alliance (Pan Pacific, etc.)

4.  35,000 bonus UR on $100k spend

5.  3X Flexible spend on CL (example, if your CL is $75k, you can charge up to $225k in one billing cycle with no problems)

6.  Hidden tradeline

if these benefits won't be used then it is not worth it.  Just another annoying heavy metal card (but they will give you plastic version if you request it).

Message 14 of 25
noobody
Established Contributor

get a non-preferred sapphire for free with 2X UR on dining, problem solved.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can the $250k+ simply be a combination in regular savings/checking to qualify for the card, what if you don't want to invest through Chase?

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. It can be a combined amount. You don't have to invest with them and I will not recommend investing with them with my past experience.
You only need $100k to start the private banking but every year, they will check and tell you that you need $250k.
Message 17 of 25
driftless
Valued Contributor

TOTORO88 wrote:
Yes. It can be a combined amount. You don't have to invest with them and I will not recommend investing with them with my past experience.
You only need $100k to start the private banking but every year, they will check and tell you that you need $250k.

A family member has a substantial trust account with Chase, I have been very surprised how well they have invested including during the worst of the recession. FWIW - she has only one credit card and it is not a Pallidium.  Smiley LOL

Post-Script:  my wife got her CSP with a very nice SL without a HP.  

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 18 of 25
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can the $250k+ simply be a combination in regular savings/checking to qualify for the card, what if you don't want to invest through Chase?

Consider what interest rate you're going to be earning on that $250k. If you could earn 1% more elsewhere, you're effectively paying an additional $2,500 as an annual fee.

Discover pays me about 0.9% more than Chase right now, so I keep my Chase checking and savings balances low.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My inheritance is tied up in my Trust with JP Morgan for the next 10 years, but I do meet the asset requirements for the Palladium Card. If I ever get an email from them offering it I think I will frame it LOL! Funny enough, one of my goal cards is the CSP (I plan on applying early 2017-I'm gardening until September when I get my BCP). I messed up with Chase for a measly $2k as a college freshman (I paid off the collection account when I was 21, my parents wanted to teach me a lesson and oh boy was it learned!) I have a fear that Chase will deny the CSP due to their long memory, but if they do I plan on pulling the "I invest $x with JP Morgan blah, blah, blah" during recon. I did have a car loan (paid off) and checking account with them all in good standing so I think I have a good chance of my CSP app being ok when the time comes, but my fear is still there. Even if I had full access to my trust funds now I wouldn't pay that $595/yr though. That is crazy!!
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.