Did you mean: 

Chase CSR approved - Expedited Timeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CSR approved - Expedited Timeline

Hey Guys,

First time post.

I was approved yesterday morning (Friday) for a CSR card after sending in some requested ID copies.

I am travelling on Tuesday and whilst on the line with lending who approved me I mentioned this and asked to have the card expedited so I would have it by Tuesday.

I have had no emails or shipping confirmation so I called up Chase and their credit card rept advised me it takes 24-48 hours to process new cards and then 1-2 days to expedite.

Based in this there is a chance I could get this by Tuesday, however the card still has not even been processed so it can ship.

Was I wrongly advised by the lending rep or is the credit card rep talking bs?

As I have seen on this forum people have cards approved and receiving them from Chase very fast.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase CSR approved - Expedited Timeline

There is a slight chance that it can come but you're really cutting it short. I don't think they gave you a line of BS just a matter of things taking time. Depending on what time of the day you spoke with them could be a big factor.

I'm going to venture a guess that Chase uses FedEx or UPS for expedited shipping which means there's no card movement on the weekends. So if your card wasn't produced and at the very least picked up by the carrier on Friday then there isn't a chance of getting it on Monday.

I know that Amex will occasionally allow for a Saturday delivery but I've yet to read where Chase was as generous. Your best case is that your card is produced over the weekend and is packaged and shipped overnight delivery on Monday. And even so, depending on what time you're traveling on Tuesday then all of this may still be for nothing.

Fingers crossed that you get your card before you go and worse case if you need it that badly then have a family member, friend, or neighbor pick up up from your door (if Chase doesn't require a signature) and have them overnight it to you via FedEx or UPS to your destination...unless you're traveling internationally.

Good luck!
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the fast reply.

I spoke to another rep and they advised the request was never made on the Friday so they have only processed this to expedite as of tonight, meaning Monday will probably be the processing and shipping, etc.

I am travelling internationally unfortunately so I may have to stick with my Amex Gold for the trip if it does deliver after I depart.

Not the end of the world!
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately,  Chase isn't one that allows immediate use of their cards (meaning they would give you the card number after the application is approved,  and before the card arrived). I'm not sure how that would work outside online transactions and mobile  payment options when you don't have a physical card if the physical card is required (which is becoming more scarce now). Mobile could have worked in this case.

Message 4 of 25
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the fast reply.

I spoke to another rep and they advised the request was never made on the Friday so they have only processed this to expedite as of tonight, meaning Monday will probably be the processing and shipping, etc.

I am travelling internationally unfortunately so I may have to stick with my Amex Gold for the trip if it does deliver after I depart.

Not the end of the world!

Have you asked them to mail it to your hotel internationally?

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke again last night and they said they don’t process on weekends so it could be Monday.

Woke up this morning to an email from UPS saying the card is arriving tomorrow via overnight. Not sure if Chase reps missed something and my card was done as planned or they somehow had this sorted over the weekend after my call.

Very strange but I am a happy man seeing that email. One thing that does concern me is the email from last night mentioning a replacement card, when I called they mentioned this was the “expedited” request... hopefully this is the card and the original isn’t arriving tomorrow followed by a replacement! Either way calling in to clear up.

Chase have potentially pulled it out the bag here!
Message 6 of 25
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I spoke again last night and they said they don’t process on weekends so it could be Monday.

Woke up this morning to an email from UPS saying the card is arriving tomorrow via overnight. Not sure if Chase reps missed something and my card was done as planned or they somehow had this sorted over the weekend after my call.

Very strange but I am a happy man seeing that email. One thing that does concern me is the email from last night mentioning a replacement card, when I called they mentioned this was the “expedited” request... hopefully this is the card and the original isn’t arriving tomorrow followed by a replacement! Either way calling in to clear up.

Just send a SM and ask for a tracking number. 

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

To get a card expedited the rep has to request  a replacement card so you will eventually receive two cards. Thay's what happpened when I was approved for the CSR and asked for expedited shipping...both cards were expedited and arrived about two days apart.

Message 8 of 25
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

To get a card expedited the CSR has to request  a replacement card so you will eventually receive two cards. Thay's what happpened when I was approved for the CSR and asked for expedited shipping...both cards were expedited and arrived about two days apart.

Depends when the expedited request was sent. I never received two cards. 

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied in-branch on a Saturday and received an immediate approval.  Called back when I got home and asked for expedited shipping and the CSR told me they had to request a replacement in order to override the normal processing.  Got the first card card via UPS on Tuesday, then another arrived via UPS on the Thursday or Friday.  They probably ship all Sapphire Reserve cards via UPS, the difference is whether they use Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.