Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Card changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Card changes

So i just was going to say I took everyones advice and did not cancel my freedom unlimited card. I consolidated my lines so that card is at 500USD and the Amazon Visa is now at 3500, up 500USD. I am going to charge my freedom card simply 50USD a month to my amazon gift card balance and just pay it off, that way it stays active but is just stuffed in a sock drawer. I might just setup auto pay from my bank to pay it then I wont even have to worry about that card again. I havent decided what I will do with my Amazon visa yet but for now, its at least useable if I want to.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Chase Card changes

@Anonymous wrote:

So i just was going to say I took everyones advice and did not cancel my freedom unlimited card. I consolidated my lines so that card is at 500USD and the Amazon Visa is now at 3500, up 500USD. I am going to charge my freedom card simply 50USD a month to my amazon gift card balance and just pay it off, that way it stays active but is just stuffed in a sock drawer. I might just setup auto pay from my bank to pay it then I wont even have to worry about that card again. I havent decided what I will do with my Amazon visa yet but for now, its at least useable if I want to.

Assuming you use Amazon, I would charge a lot less, like 50c-$1 a month to the gift card balance, which keeps it active.   Use the Amazon card for purchases, or to reload the gift card balance, you get 5% for that vs 1.5% on CFU

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Card changes

Oh wow that is small! I thought of the 5% back but charging so small. But if they keep it active still it is a better idea.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.