cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Cards - Are they really worth it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Cards - Are they really worth it?

So I have an update!

I decided to take most everyones advise on here and keep the Freedom and instead sock drawer my Prime card. I am going to pay off the Prime card and move as much of that CL over to the Freedom which should give me 3000 or 3500, depending on how much must remain on the Prime card.

I decided on this because I dont really use the Prime card. Its 1% everything, with a 2% on gas and 5% on Amazon. Well I get 2% on everything with Citi, and 5% on Amazon with my store card, and that is what I always use anyway. The Freedom card, with the rotating categories, will do better for me. Especially since right now its 5% on streaming services, some utilities, (mine qualify) and gas purchases.

To keep the Prime card active, when the 5% for gas drops, I will use it to purchase gas at that point.

I dont know yet if I will go for other Chase cards.. maybe. I cant decide. That whole not raising my limit in 4 years kinda ticks me off, but then again I wasnt using their cards much. This way, I think I can make better use as I have more incentive and that may make them raise it. Plus I do like the idea of using the bonus portal to save even more or get more points.

Message 71 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.