Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Checking HP?

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Chase Checking HP?

Hi.

Just wanted to know if Chase hp for opening a checking account?

I read they do, and read they don't.

Any ideas? Much appreciated. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Checking HP?

I'm not sure if they do when opening, but the did hp me when I closed another checking account with someone else, bofa, and I have no idea why they did. I only have a checking and savings with Chase, no credit accounts.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of banks are starting to HP when opening a checking account.  Some even do it even if you're only opening a savings account, it just depends.  I have heard people getting a HP from Chase, but YMMV.

I just opened an Ally savings/checking combo, and was HP'd by them.

Message 3 of 21
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

No HP for me when I opened my Chase checking account in Feb 2012. If it matters, I'm live in NY and I applied online. Make sure you sign up with a bonus... I think the best right now is $200.

Also FYI, military (active & former) can get a free upgrade to Chase Premier Plus Checking ... no more direct deposit or minimum balance requirement!!!

Click on link to see more benefits: https://www.chase.com/online/military/military-personal.htm

Message 4 of 21
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I opened one online a week and a half ago.  Soft on TU and EX for me.  

As an aside, very impressed with Chase Customer Service.  I had my checks and Visa debit card (and PIN) before Christmas Day.  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I don't think there's been demonstrated instances that opening a checking account with Chase results in a HP, and many experiences (including my own) to the contrary that they don't.

Opening a share account at a CU, a HP is a pretty common occurrence.  There's various reasons for that, but to my knowledge none of the national banks do when opening up a checking account.  Chexsystems on the other hand is looked at by many lenders AFAIK including Chase and similar.

        
Message 6 of 21
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I live in CA but i'm not sure if they will do a hp. The sign up bonus sounds sweet but is it still available? I'm searching on their website but I don't see it. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 7 of 21
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I live in CA but i'm not sure if they will do a hp. The sign up bonus sounds sweet but is it still available? I'm searching on their website but I don't see it. 

I have seen sign up bonuses at branches, but when I checked online there were no decent bonuses available.  I signed up through a link on my employer's site that offered special auto financing rates and other goodies.  

Message 8 of 21
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I have cc with them and I agree with you. Their customer service is excellent. heck they treat me better than my own bank WF.

Chase has given me 2 cc and WF none (besides the secured i have).

Plus there's Chase's everywhere I go so it's much more convinient as to WF I have to go far to find one. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Message 9 of 21
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

LOL...I have 4 branches with 12 ATMs within 2 blocks of where I work.  Talk about convenient!  

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.