Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Closed Account... YEAH!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Closed Account... YEAH!

Well, I was VERY upset that Chase (old WaMu) closed my account.  Well prior to that I had PIF but forgot I attened the Nordstrom Pre-Season sale where I purchased my little ones school shoes for the new school year (they do a pre-charge but won't charge your card until the day of the actual sale)... so there was actually a balance on there as well as 2 lates. 

Well I GW the lates (pleaded) since they closed my account.  I received a call from the Executive Office (Actual person called me) stated they were not able to remove the lates but were willing to delete the entire account as well as wave the remaining balance!  It was only $84 and some change.  This wasn't my oldest TL so the history didn't matter nor the CL since that no longer appeared on the TL so I'm fine with that. 

Hopefully this will raise my credit score a few points since one of the lates was 12/08 the other was 2 yrs ago.  Or did I just screw up? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Closed Account... YEAH!

Congrats....
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd pay them the $84 - I'd be too afraid they'd charge it off and it would come back to bite me in the arse.

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I was VERY upset that Chase (old WaMu) closed my account.  Well prior to that I had PIF but forgot I attened the Nordstrom Pre-Season sale where I purchased my little ones school shoes for the new school year (they do a pre-charge but won't charge your card until the day of the actual sale)... so there was actually a balance on there as well as 2 lates. 

Well I GW the lates (pleaded) since they closed my account.  I received a call from the Executive Office (Actual person called me) stated they were not able to remove the lates but were willing to delete the entire account as well as wave the remaining balance!  It was only $84 and some change.  This wasn't my oldest TL so the history didn't matter nor the CL since that no longer appeared on the TL so I'm fine with that. 

Hopefully this will raise my credit score a few points since one of the lates was 12/08 the other was 2 yrs ago.  Or did I just screw up? 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I still do that even though she zero'd out the account.  She stated it's at a zero balance because I PIF after they closed the account and stated the charged shouldn't have been allowed thru. 

I'll go to a branch and see if I still can.  She's putting a letter in the mail today regarding both Chase's agreement and my OK to allow them to remove the TL. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was the $84 only late charges? If so, I would think it will be ok. If part of that is your purchase, I would be skeptical.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

YEAH!  I just have to share this with everyone... once that account was removed from my report it raised my EQ score 19 points.  It just goes to show you how a late really impacts your score!  I will NEVER be late again! 

I just LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum!!!  Thanks so much to all those who share their experiences!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.