cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Closing my Accounts

tag
timmis

Chase Closing my Accounts

I am not sure what is going on with Chase but they closed my 2 bank accounts and my Chase Freedom and Chase Slate for no reason, this happen to anyone else recently?

Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Closing my Accounts

Why not call and find out?

How do they close a checking account? Unless there is a negative balance. If that is the case, it should come as no surprise.

Message 2 of 77
Open123
Super Contributor

Usually, when this happens, it's related to some kind of fraud and/or SAR alerts, especially if they won't even divulge the reason for the closures.  

Now, perk abuse on the other hand, they may be more open and inclined to share the reason with you.

*Edited*  Right, perk abuse, as in MS & Opening various checking accounts for the bonus.

Message 3 of 77
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@timmis wrote:

I am not sure what is going on with Chase but they closed my 2 bank accounts and my Chase Freedom and Chase Slate for no reason, this happen to anyone else recently?

Have you been MS? That's when Chase closes accounts without notice. 

Message 4 of 77
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Trust me. They didn't do it "for no reason". Just call them and find out 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 5 of 77
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@timmis wrote:

This is what I was thinking.  Chase is hardcore about closing accounts when it finds someone has been MS'ing.  Good luck OP, if I were you I would have already been calling chase.

Message 6 of 77
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@timmis wrote:

This is what I was thinking.  Chase is hardcore about closing accounts when it finds someone has been MS'ing.  Good luck OP, if I were you I would have already been calling chase.

Agreed. Hopefully this is not the case. And if it is, OP, unfortunately, they will not reinstate your accounts.

Message 7 of 77
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@nachoslibres wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@timmis wrote:

Agreed. Hopefully this is not the case. And if it is, OP, unfortunately, they will not reinstate your accounts.

From what i have read it mostly has to do with MS. its dangerous to ms with your primary checking account and cc. Its asking for trouble imo. If thats the reason they closed your accounts.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 77
peepers
Frequent Contributor

*whispers* what is MSing??
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 9 of 77
kalani91
Contributor

@peepers wrote:
*whispers* what is MSing??

Wondering the same thing..

EX 724 ,NFCU Cash Rewards 7k DCU Plat 4.1k, Discover IT 2.5k Chase Freedom 2k. . Cap1 Plat $1.5k, Cap1 QS 1k, , Wells fargo 1.5k, Paypal 1.5k
Message 10 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.