Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Co-Branded Cards and Limits ?

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Chase Co-Branded Cards and Limits ?

I have been a lot lately about Chase and Co-branded cards and limtis issued.

3-2012 I got 12k on my Marriott

10-2012 I got 5k on CSP, but I had to move the 5k from Marriott.

3-2013 I got 8.4k on my Priority Club

I want the Hyatt card next.....

Is it general that the Co-branded cards get a higher limit on approval than true Chase cards ?

Input is appreciated.

Thanks

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Co-Branded Cards and Limits ?

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I have been a lot lately about Chase and Co-branded cards and limtis issued.

3-2012 I got 12k on my Marriott

10-2012 I got 5k on CSP, but I had to move the 5k from Marriott.

3-2013 I got 8.4k on my Priority Club

I want the Hyatt card next.....

Is it general that the Co-branded cards get a higher limit on approval than true Chase cards ?

Input is appreciated.

Thanks

J

From anecdotal evidence on the forums, this seems to be true.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

just curious, no offense intended whatsoever.

do you stay at those hotels a lot, or are you just trying to see how much CL Chase is willing to extend to you in general?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 7
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Or he could be applying for what is considered easier chase cards to get (co-branded) and then when he applies for the cards he really wants he can move over the credit limits from the co-branded cards since they tend to have higher initial credit limits and have nice limits on the cards he'll use more often all the while getting some nice sign up bonuses from hotels.

Message 4 of 7
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

In fact I do travel a lot for my business and stay at; Marriott 48 nights this year, Holiday Inn Express 11 nights this year, Hyatt 1 night, and so far Hilton 0 nights.

But I found a Hyatt near one of my new projects that I can get for under $100 per night.

So, the rewards would be nice.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 5 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Grats on the approval! Looks like u can accumulate a nice number of stays Smiley Very Happy this card definitely will be worthwhile
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 7
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

I love Hyatt and the card is great. You'll have Hyatt Plat status upon getting the card. Make sure you get the 2 free night signup bonus (there is also a statement credit offer floating around as well). My husband and I both got Hyatt cards and are using our free nights for 4 nights at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo. Would've been well over $2000 for those 4 nights otherwise. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.