Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Continental OnePass Card

tag
kal9988
Regular Contributor

Chase Continental OnePass Card

Hi - 

I have a Chase Continental OnePass Card. It doesn't report the credit limit on my credit reports, just the highest balance.

1) Does FICO use the highest balance as my limit when calculating my score?

2) I recently had my credit limit raised -- how do I get that updated on my credit reports if it doesn't report the limit?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Continental OnePass Card

@kal9988 wrote:

Hi - 

I have a Chase Continental OnePass Card. It doesn't report the credit limit on my credit reports, just the highest balance.

1) Does FICO use the highest balance as my limit when calculating my score?

2) I recently had my credit limit raised -- how do I get that updated on my credit reports if it doesn't report the limit?

Thanks!

1. Not 100% sure about this one so I'll let others chime in.

2. The Continental OnePass card is a world mastercard and will not report the limit. The only way you can get this to begin reporting regularly is converting this card into a chase card that does report limits (non World Mastercard or Visa Signature). Unfortunately, I don't think Chase regularly converts the OnePass into other cards (they made me reapply 6 months ago when I was trying to convert this into a Freedom card).

Message 2 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Older FICO scoring models do factor in highest balance from NPSL (no pre-set spending limit) cards. Newer FICO scoring models do NOT factor in highest balance from NPSL.

As for which scoring model lenders are using, we don't know. We know lenders are using FICO scores, but we do not know which scoring model they are using.

Even if lenders are using older scoring model, your scores will not tank because of NPSL. Probably just 5-10 pts off.

You can call Chase and ask them to downgrade World MasterCard into Platinum MasterCard, thereby taking off the privileges of NPSL.

Message 3 of 8
kal9988
Regular Contributor

what does downgrading the card do?

Message 4 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

You still keep the term and limits of your card, you just remove the privileges of NPSL and few travel benefits World MasterCard offers.

Message 5 of 8
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@kal9988 wrote:

what does downgrading the card do?

BTW they would NOT let me downgrade that card - was told would have to repply for that card over the phone (since you can not directly apply for the non world version online).

Message 6 of 8
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

If they don't let you downgrade, I would look to convert the Continental CC into another card that will report. There is a list of CCs from Chase that will allow you to do this. You would have to call into CSR...Sapphire, United, Marriott are a few that I know of.

Message 7 of 8
anderl
Frequent Contributor

I have the Presidential Plus World Elite MC- I can not downgrade or product change-I must apply for a new account to get a CC that would report the limit.

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.