cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Corporate Card Increased Odds for Personal Card Approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Corporate Card Increased Odds for Personal Card Approval?

Does anybody know whether a Chase corporate card in your name increases your chances of approval for personal Chase credit cards? As far as I know the corporate card doesn't report on your personal FICO but I'm not sure whether Chase's internal system may still recognize that when they search by your name?

I have a Chase corporate card and looking to get in with Chase, preferably with the Freedom Flex Card.

FICOs are EX 720 and EQ 725. I have 3 accounts open, 2 revolving Citi & Amex with total CL $7.5k and low utilization and a recent car loan that hasn't reported yet. AAoA is 7 months, age of oldest account is 11 months. I'm below 5/24 as well. I checked the prequals today but haven't gotten any luck but really looking to get in with Chase.

Anybody here have advice on how to improve my odds of approval and whether the corporate card helps at all?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Corporate Card Increased Odds for Personal Card Approval?

Unfortunately, no.  The Chase Corporate Card product platform is not aligned with the personal products platform (different internal systems + corporate liability), so your odds don't really improve by having the card.  

That said, based on what you've shared, it's possible you can get approved down the road given your current short history.  Do you currently have a Chase deposit or banking relationship?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar That's great to know! And it makes sense that they keep the 2 platforms separated. 

I don't have any banking relationship with them and not looking to switch from my credit union. But I will keep trying on the prequals, hopefully once my credit file ages more Chase will reconsider. I think there might be something about them denying people with less than 1 year of credit history. 

Message 3 of 5
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar That's great to know! And it makes sense that they keep the 2 platforms separated. 

I don't have any banking relationship with them and not looking to switch from my credit union. But I will keep trying on the prequals, hopefully once my credit file ages more Chase will reconsider. I think there might be something about them denying people with less than 1 year of credit history. 

How is your corporate card set up? Do you get direct billed? If so, you may want to stop by a Chase branch and see if there are any pre-approvals.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 5
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You may want to try in branch as that seems to provide some flexibility. I've had heard thin credit files could make for denials.

Watch the bonuses too. The CSP at the moment IMO is the card to get but it could be Chase Freedom next quarter. I'm out of 5/24 next month (haven't opened a new card in over a year) but I'm not getting a card without a historically high bonus.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.