Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Card High Limit

tag
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Card High Limit

@Creditaddict wrote:
I "THOUGHT" Discover usually requires income verification in the $15-$25k range? can anyone chime in, I thought it was $15 or $20 but maybe it's like Amex and it's not a for sure thing but can happen... but an instant $22k from Discover? I dunno.... you had me until that!~

They do at $20,000 and higher. An instant Discover approval for $22,000 sounds very unusual because a senior credit analyst told me instant approvals would never go above $15,000. Policies change so it is possible.

Message 11 of 21
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:
I "THOUGHT" Discover usually requires income verification in the $15-$25k range? can anyone chime in, I thought it was $15 or $20 but maybe it's like Amex and it's not a for sure thing but can happen... but an instant $22k from Discover? I dunno.... you had me until that!~

They do at $20,000 and higher. An instant Discover approval for $22,000 sounds very unusual because a senior credit analyst told me instant approvals would never go above $15,000. Policies change so it is possible.

Fact.

Message 12 of 21
lostsols
Valued Member

Discover recently bumped me to $24k on an sp with no income verification. That said, they started me at $1k a few years back, so I had to work my way up. I'm very surprised by an instant approval over $20k. Discover generally requires borrowers to earn their stripes, even extremely well qualified ones.
Message 13 of 21
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

OP's friend would show him his new approvals but won't disclouse anything else, something is off. Not saying OP isn't telling the truth, but there are def. some misinformation or lack of it.

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 14 of 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Does OP know the income of this individual? Is OP's income identical to this person? This is all in hypothetical land and we're all swimming in a lake of no information Smiley Very Happy
Message 15 of 21
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@ashi1989 wrote:

Hi everybody I have a question my friend applied for chase and get 20k credit limit with 700+ score and he called request some form he fill it out and send it and got approved after that he applied at citibank and got 30k then he applied discover and got 22k is there is routine to apply for credit card that will get you approved for high credit limit i'm new to this and if anyone know what he did how he get this limits can he tell me because his not telling me anything all i know he had bofa for 5 years with CL of 8k any advise will be very thankfull 

Welcome to myFICO.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 16 of 21
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

@ashi1989 wrote:

Hi everybody I have a question my friend applied for chase and get 20k credit limit with 700+ score and he called request some form he fill it out and send it and got approved after that he applied at citibank and got 30k then he applied discover and got 22k is there is routine to apply for credit card that will get you approved for high credit limit i'm new to this and if anyone know what he did how he get this limits can he tell me because his not telling me anything all i know he had bofa for 5 years with CL of 8k any advise will be very thankfull 

I don't mean to be unfriendly, but I think reading texts without any interpunction is confusing.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 17 of 21
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

OP's friend should join the myFICO forums. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 21
culture
Regular Contributor

first question is  ?  do you know your friends income ?

that should answers a few quesitons ...  a side from the Boa... the info is very limited to give proper advice...

Message 19 of 21
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ashi1989 wrote:

is there is routine to apply for credit card that will get you approved for high credit limit 

No there's no routine.  As always it's about one's credit (not just scores), income and the creditor's criteria.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.