Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Limit 0

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Credit Limit 0

Hello all! I think Chase shut my Marriott Boundless Card down. My available credit is 0.00 with a statement balance of 711$. I PIF regularly and carry a balance only for a month or two if I do. I have a Personal Checking account with 5 figures in it a savings account and three business checkings all with Chase those remain unfazed. 
I emailed the CEO as I did that in the past with issues regarding a business account awhile ago and yielded positive results. 

Is there anything else I can do? I do not understand why they did this or if this means it is shut down.

21 REPLIES 21
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Credit Limit 0

Have you tried calling them? 

Message 2 of 22
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

It does sound like they closed it. Can you check your credit reports? It should say if it's closed or not. Or you can also just call them up. Is anything else going on with your other cards? New apps or high balances? If they did close, they'll be sending you a letter with the reason. 

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upon calling they did close it and a letter will be in the mail. Do you think there is a chance they will reopen based on the emails I sent? My overall credit profile has went up 75 points across the bureaus as I just 0d all my cards this past month. The only thing negative is a few inquires from SBA for business loans  

Message 4 of 22
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

My understanding is that once a card is closed, it can't be reopened. Wait to see what the letter says. How high were those balances and for how long before you paid them down?

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The balance never went over 60% of CL and I paid it off after 60 days. That's so unfortunate. Looks like I should finally make the move to move all assets to NfCU 

Message 6 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It would be unlikely that Chase would reopen a closed account, but certainly worth trying.  If a FICO score increased by 75 points solely due to utilization going down, that must have been pretty significant revolving credit used and it sounds like they got spooked.  The inquiries for the SBA loans wouldn't be negatives, just credit-seeking - very high utilization on the other hand is quite significant.

Message 7 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

The balance never went over 60% of CL and I paid it off after 60 days. That's so unfortunate. Looks like I should finally make the move to move all assets to NfCU 

60% on one card is pretty high, but not enough to cause that much of a scoring ding.  But paired with many other cards also being very high or maxed out, that would be a reasonable reaction.

Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry I should have clarified! 75 points on Credit Karma. My utilization overall on my profile has never went over 37% I am AU on my wife's accounts with fairly high limits

Message 9 of 22
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase has been known to reopen accounts at times, but that typically depends on the reason for closure. 

Chase is quite sensitive to other accounts with balances, not just theirs, so if you have balances that weren't going down quickly enough for their liking,  it might have caused them to close. If they were "worried" about their card only, balance chasing would have been the likely first step. 

I doubt they will provide any additional clarity on the reason over the phone, so you'll have to wait for the letter. 

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.