cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Pull when responding to mail/pre-qual offer....

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Pull when responding to mail/pre-qual offer....

@ztnjpv wrote:

From I've read around here and in a database of credit pulls, 2 pulls (EXP too) has become more common lately BUT NOT FOR EVERYONE. Some people still only get one. So what gives?

Everyone'scredit isn't identical.  Creditors can perform multiple pulls for more borderline credit.

@ztnjpv wrote:

I ask this because I really want to app for the CSP but don't want to risk them pulling EXP (and no, I'm not gonna freeze it either) because it's so darn dinged up with inquiries while my TU has only one.

You have to determine the bigger priority for you.  No way to guarantee that they won't pull EXP without a freeze.  Or you can wait it out until the inquiries fall off/lose impact.

Message 11 of 14
studiogeek
Valued Member

I got a pre-approval from Chase for a CSP last week. I applied monday and was instantly approved for 26K. It is my first Chase card. I had 8 inquiries on EX but they pulled TU only (0 inquiries). They still do the TU one pull sometimes. Perhaps I got lucky.

Good Luck on whatever you decide to do.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 12 of 14
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Studiogeek,

Thanks for that reply. Perhaps there's something there in terms of credit profile/score/report composition/income that triggers chase to stop at TU and go further. Maybe something in a TU report triggers them to pull EXP for the sake of caution and thoroughness....

But then again, someone can post that they have a nice, thick credti file with scores in the upper 700s.....and got the double pulled. hehehehe

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 13 of 14
Longroad
Established Contributor

I was just approved for my Marriott card on recon last week and they just pulled EX, no double pull this time. I just apped didn't have an offer or anything.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.