Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Denial - Need Your Help

tag
playboy
Regular Contributor

Chase Denial - Need Your Help

Hello all.  I recently app'd for the Chase Freedom and rec'd a letter of denial.  According to the letter I was denied because of a "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank".  In 2006 I had a non-Chase credit card that was financed by Chase go delinquent because I had lost my job due cut backs.  Fast forward to 2013 and the account was removed from my report and paid in full back in 2010.   

A week ago I got my Experian report through Myfico and it doesn't show the account from 2006 and it's not showing on my TU or the other report, which it shouldn't because it's been 7 years.  I even called Experian on Saturday and they couldn't see it.   So what do I need to do in order to resolve this situation?  I currently have a good relationship with Chase bc I got a mortgage in Feb of 2013 that Chase owns and I've been paying that without any lates on time.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

Re: Chase Denial - Need Your Help

Call the credit analyst and be completely honest with them. If you have a good income, you shouldn't have any trouble winning a recon. 

Message 2 of 14
playboy
Regular Contributor

I just got a raise so my income is now 70k a year.  I hope that's good enough.

Message 3 of 14
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@playboy wrote:

Hello all.  I recently app'd for the Chase Freedom and rec'd a letter of denial.  According to the letter I was denied because of a "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank".  In 2006 I had a non-Chase credit card that was financed by Chase go delinquent because I had lost my job due cut backs.  Fast forward to 2013 and the account was removed from my report and paid in full back in 2010.   

A week ago I got my Experian report through Myfico and it doesn't show the account from 2006 and it's not showing on my TU or the other report, which it shouldn't because it's been 7 years.  I even called Experian on Saturday and they couldn't see it.   So what do I need to do in order to resolve this situation?  I currently have a good relationship with Chase bc I got a mortgage in Feb of 2013 that Chase owns and I've been paying that without any lates on time.

Even if it doesn't show on your credit report, Chase seems to have a long memory with their records, so you were denied from their internal scoring, not because it's lingering on a credit report. A recon should help, especially since you can point to your current history with Chase. Good luck to you, and please let us know how it turns out.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 4 of 14
playboy
Regular Contributor

I was planning on reconning on Monday.  I just wonder if I'll have to do more recons with Chase in the future when I want to app for some of their other cards.

Message 5 of 14
jeffrey_MBP
Contributor

If this is a successful recon, I'd waiting until you get some pre-approvals in the mail.  That will signal to you that Chase wants to explore additional financing opportunities.

Message 6 of 14
playboy
Regular Contributor

That's what I'll do then.

Message 7 of 14
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Playboy my husband was in your situation about 2 years ago when he applied for a chase amazon visa, denied for same reason. He called for recon, was honest with credit analyst that he shared account with family member and it was charged off but now he wanted to establish relationship with Chase on his own merit. Credit analyst thanked him for his honesty and approved him. Fast forward to today, he has three accounts with Chase; approved for a Freedom last week for $20000. So it wouldn't hurt to recon and be upfront with the analyst.
Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 8 of 14
hot4u
Established Contributor

Agree,

I was initially denied too,

Called recon and stressed wanted to establish a relationship also.. Limit was only $500.00

Was nice to talk to a Human who was open to listen.. Thats why I have a lot of respect for Them..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 9 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Call the credit analyst and be completely honest with them. If you have a good income, you shouldn't have any trouble winning a recon. 

+1. definitely call them and good luck!
gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.