Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney Rewards Visa

tag
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Chase Disney Rewards Visa

Hey everyone.

My wife has a Chase Disney Rewards Visa, which she has had for the past 4 years. Her opening CL on the line was $500 and has not moved since she got the card. She PIFs her balance every month. Is it worth asking them to bump the CL up, or would they do a hard inquiry? Other than being an AU on my AMEX card, the only other credit card she has is Home Depot and that doesnt help very much. We haven't looked at her credit in a while but I would say it's right around 700. My AMEX has a $6,400 limit and the Home Depot has $6,000.

Any thoughts or luck in the past with this card? 

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Disney Rewards Visa

All Chase customer initiated CLI requests require hard inquiries.

Message 2 of 10
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Does anyone else have this card? Are the credit limits for other individuals much higher, or is this a low CL card like a HSBC/Capital one starter card?

Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

someone on here last year had over a $10k CL.

but if this is her only credit other than your auth account, that would be the reason for the low cl.

and after all this time I would call the backdoor number listed above and ask for a very nice cli 

Message 4 of 10
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Would they be inclined to do a hard pull still after all this time?

Message 5 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Chase ALWAYS does hard pulls for CLI
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had one, started with a $5,000 credit limit and it got bumped up to $6,700 over time.

However, I was one of the people they "normalized" the interest rates on my card, and bumped it up to 17.24% from 13.99%.  So that account is now closed and getting paid off.

Message 7 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had one, started with a $5,000 credit limit and it got bumped up to $6,700 over time.

However, I was one of the people they "normalized" the interest rates on my card, and bumped it up to 17.24% from 13.99%.  So that account is now closed and getting paid off.

How high was your UTIL and for how long before they "normalized" you?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, somehow I missed the reply on this.  My utilization was high at the time, about 75%.   I had the card since 2004 I think - the interest rate kept creeping up over time.  Never a late payment, and always over the minimum.  I'd call on a regular basis to get the interest rate reduced - but this last time I didn't feel like taking it past the initial rep, and told them to go ahead and close it.

The kicker was, they stipulated you had to close your account to maintain your old interest rate.  Well, they jacked it up anyways.  Personally, I'll never get another Chase card.  My USAA card has been the best.  Time to stick with the good ones, out with the bad!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yea, I think I got the letter around October-September of last year.  So after 5 years with the card.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.