cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Disney card app is going to make a nervous wreck of me!

tag
txbradybunch
Valued Member

Chase Disney card app is going to make a nervous wreck of me!

So - I waited and waited for my reports to look as good as I thought I could get them and then applied for the Chase Disney card I have been dying for for years.  (Lots of credit repair over the last 10 years)  I am a Disney addict, a DVC member, and an annual passholder.  I want that Tinkerbell card and those rewards soooooo much!

So I get the 15-30 day notice after I online apply.  I try calling the automated number several days after my app and get the - your app was received on July 26th, you will get a response in about two weeks reply.  After two days of that I click 0 to speak to an analyst.  Nice enough guy looks it up for me - but says it is listed as pending and that there isn't anything he can do at this point.  I explain that I have a Disney trip planned September 1-6 and really would like to have the card by then........ (please Mister Analyst - batting my eyes and talking sweet)  He says call back in two weeks and if I have been approved I can get the card rushed or even sent to my hotel.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  I just want to know - is it yes or no?????? (hearing Meatloaf in my head - "yes or no boy, yes or not? Do you love me, will you love me forever do you need me, will you never leave me, will you make me so happy for the rest of my life????")

So - what's the chances I get a yes if they are taking soooooooo long to consider it?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Disney card app is going to make a nervous wreck of me!

LOL as a fellow Disney addict I can relate and since they are doing away with the Disney Debit cards I really want one of these, I id just recently get a Chase Freedom, I think Chase really wants new credit customers though so if your util looked decent on your reports I think you will be approved but who knows, have fun at Disney either way.....

Message 2 of 12
MagicShot
Contributor

@txbradybunch wrote:

So - I waited and waited for my reports to look as good as I thought I could get them and then applied for the Chase Disney card I have been dying for for years.  (Lots of credit repair over the last 10 years)  I am a Disney addict, a DVC member, and an annual passholder.  I want that Tinkerbell card and those rewards soooooo much!

So I get the 15-30 day notice after I online apply.  I try calling the automated number several days after my app and get the - your app was received on July 26th, you will get a response in about two weeks reply.  After two days of that I click 0 to speak to an analyst.  Nice enough guy looks it up for me - but says it is listed as pending and that there isn't anything he can do at this point.  I explain that I have a Disney trip planned September 1-6 and really would like to have the card by then........ (please Mister Analyst - batting my eyes and talking sweet)  He says call back in two weeks and if I have been approved I can get the card rushed or even sent to my hotel.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!  I just want to know - is it yes or no?????? (hearing Meatloaf in my head - "yes or no boy, yes or not? Do you love me, will you love me forever do you need me, will you never leave me, will you make me so happy for the rest of my life????")

So - what's the chances I get a yes if they are taking soooooooo long to consider it?

Whats your credit profile like. aaoa, FICO score util and INQ's?

Message 3 of 12
txbradybunch
Valued Member

I pulled my last EQ score power on 6/24/2011:

score was 643, util was 22%, AAoA was 7 years, there was 1 inq from April 2011 (I was considering buying a house - this was the mortgage broker)

(at the time the application was put in my score watch was saying 654 on EQ - and depending upon when Capital One reported my utilization could have been down to between 8-9% from a Capital One pay-off)

*I have no missed/lates

*I have 16 accounts showing paid as agreed (4 paid off auto loans, 1 open and current auto loan, 1 open and current mortgage, 6 student loan accounts that all report seperately, the rest are credit cards)

*I have (2) old medical collections (2006, 2007 - both showing disputed)

*I have one AT&T nightmare collection - service end disagreement - that keeps bouncing around..... I dispute to collection company and then it gets deleted and then shows up again a month or two later with another date and another collection agency

I app'd NFCU and Disney card the same day.  My score dropped to 649 after the inquiries hit.  NFCU (God bless them) approved me after a couple of days with a FANTASTIC $16k credit limit (My total credit limit of all cards before that totalled just under $21k) 

Message 4 of 12
txbradybunch
Valued Member

I meant to also note that at that time that I applied I had just seen my TU score (thank you Walmart) and it was 775.

Message 5 of 12
MagicShot
Contributor

@txbradybunch wrote:

I meant to also note that at that time that I applied I had just seen my TU score (thank you Walmart) and it was 775.

Might have a good chance, the collections from a few years ago might hurt you, but you might be able to explain it if they deny or call you with a few questions. Sometimes you get that message if they see a lot of good but a few negatives on there, and flag it for manual review.

I would image you can call them by friday and it should have been reviewed already. Usually only takes a few business days to get to it. normally.

Good Luck let us know how it turns out! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
txbradybunch
Valued Member

Ok - so here's the update........

I got the letter this past weekend that I was declined on the card.  Reasons were:

Your credit report reflects charge off or bad debt collections

Balances on accounts are too high compared to credit limits

The outstanding debt on your credit accounts is too high

Not sure what the last one even means if it is not the same as the second one?

It took me until today to work up the nerve to ask for recon.  I called the recon number and spoke to a very nice lady who asked me first about household income, employer, and time on job - then placed me on hold.  She came back stating she had reviewed my credit report and asking about some collections.  (Although they show as disputed on my copy of my CR they do not to her.)  I explained my basis for dispute and she noted them.  She asked me about inquiries and we cleared that up by confirming that I (and the dealership) shopped for credit when I bought my Tahoe last January (2010).  She asked if I would like her to pull a different credit report and I asked her to pull TransUnion (my pretty one Smiley Wink).  She placed me on hold again and came back saying "I'm glad we did that - those are all cleaned up there and the score jump is really big!" 

She placed me on hold one more time and came back telling me subject to one more review she is recommending me for approval with a $2k credit line

HORRAY!!!!!!!!  Small credit line - but hopefully it will grow with me and I really just wanted the rewards for my upcoming Disney trip anyway - including the $100 application incentive! 

Thanks for all the info on here - I never would have had the courage to call for recon if not for all of you!

Message 7 of 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Good Re: Chase Disney card app is going to make a nervous wreck of me!

Good luck, keep us updated

Message 8 of 12
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

Re: Good Re: Chase Disney card app is going to make a nervous wreck of me!

good luck!!! can't wait to hear the results!!! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
txbradybunch
Valued Member

Re: Good Re: Chase Disney card app is going to make a nervous wreck of me!

Got my $2k CL DISNEY card in the mail - woo hoo!  Thanks for the encouragement everyone Man Very Happy

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.