Chase FU 2.5% Promotion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase FU 2.5% Promotion

Here's the email I got:

EARN AN EXTRA
1% CASH BACK
per $1 spent on purchases when you use your Chase Freedom Unlimited® card in Google PayTM between Dec. 3 and
Dec. 31, 2018.

That’s on top of the 1.5% Cash Back rewards you already earn!

I'm already using Chase Pay on my Freedom for 5%, and I'm not aware of any non-category purchases I've made where G Pay is accepted but Chase Pay is not.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase FU 2.5% Promotion

I got something similar, but for Apple Pay with CSR, between Dec 3 - 31. Extra point per dollar for purchases.

Message 2 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Oh. I misinterpreted that Chase FU, I thought you meant their usual FU. Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 9
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

Got that for my Amazon Prime Chase card - GooglePay, +1%, 3-31 Dec.

Message 4 of 9
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

All I got from Chase this month was a silly offer to earn 1500 URs by using Chase Pay 5 times for $25+ each time.  The list of vendors who accept Chase Pay was underwhelming in the extreme.  Do they seriously expect me to pay $25+ at a Starbucks or a Five Guys or at ParkMobile?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 9
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Also got it for Apple Pay. I think it’s interesting Chase is aware of what kind of devices we’re using and is able to send emails accordingly. Either way, I’m super happy to have this offer. 2.5x UR points is amazing, pairing that with the Sapphire Reserve on top of that.

Message 6 of 9
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the email I got:

EARN AN EXTRA
1% CASH BACK
per $1 spent on purchases when you use your Chase Freedom Unlimited® card in Google PayTM between Dec. 3 and
Dec. 31, 2018.

I'm already using Chase Pay on my Freedom for 5%, and I'm not aware of any non-category purchases I've made where G Pay is accepted but Chase Pay is not.

Weird how everyone is getting different offers.

I received an offer for 5% on all Chase Pay xactions, categories or not with Freedom. 

I have been tempted to get chase pay working with all the 5% offers....how's everyone's success been with it?

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 7 of 9
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@CBartowski wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the email I got:

EARN AN EXTRA
1% CASH BACK
Dec. 31, 2018.

Weird how everyone is getting different offers.

I received an offer for 5% on all Chase Pay xactions, categories or not with Freedom. 

I have been tempted to get chase pay working with all the 5% offers....how's everyone's success been with it?

The offer you recieved is the 4th quarter category for the freedom card. It includes 5% on all chase pay transactions. Other than a few merchants in the app chase pay now is essentially Samsung pay which works very well at most places where you're able to swipe a card. Very convenient.

Message 8 of 9
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

Ok I was considering that! Just seemed odd that the only category was chase pay? Guess I need to get with the times and just make it work.
CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.