Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase FU Bucketed?

tag
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Chase FU Bucketed?

Approved for Chase FU on 11/6/17 when I started my rebuild for $500. I tried for an increase 2/20/2018 and was declined. Does Chase bucket their cards? Should i try an increase again?

I’ll be 4/24 on 11/15/19 and 3/24 on 02/18/20 when I plan to apply for a CSP or CSR. I’ve noticed for existing clients they usually lull EX and EQ.

FICO 8 EQ is 684 and EX is 673
BankCard 8 - EQ 690 and EX 681
BankCard 9 - EQ 689 and EX 690

Opinion on chances for approval do CSP or CSR?

Income $105,000, bunch of inquiries past 24 months, however last 12 months EQ 5 INQs 2 of which were for a Mazda Lease (ended up approved by Chase), and 4 on EX 1 was for Mazda Lease.
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase FU Bucketed?

CSP probable. CSR no chance. Do you get any offers from the "just for you" section on their account page?

Message 2 of 15
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Haven’t gotten any pre quals. Why no chance on CSR?
Message 3 of 15
SBR249
Established Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:
Haven’t gotten any pre quals. Why no chance on CSR?

It depends on your credit profile

1. Chase dislikes thin files. Your AAoA might be ok at 1yr+ or so by the time you clear the 5/24, assuming you don't do more apps by then, but 5 or so cards all within 2 years is still a relatively thin file. But in general, Chase will accept a solid year or so of history I believe. 

2. It will also depend on the CLs on your other cards. Chase in the past hasn't liked being the first high limit card in your wallet and CSR has a minimum starting CL of $10K I believe. So your chances of being approved for a CSR is very low if you don't already have a 10k+ card or something close. CSP I believe starts at $5K? So it's more likely on a portfolio of lower limit cards. 

3. Those scores a bit on the low side for now. Hopefully you'll clear 700 by the time you apply. 

Message 4 of 15
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What sort of baddies are you rebuilding from? $500 is lower than the CL Chase gave me with zero history.

Generally, the more popular route with Chase has been to get a new account and reallocate CLs.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 15
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

At this point some old medical collections, working on getting them resolved. Had a credit card with WaMu which they acquired, had a kidney transplant and fell in tough times so it was charged off. No longer on my report but they can see it, let me in with the $500 limit, card will be 2 years old in Nov. AAoA 2.5 right now. Also have my auto lease with them as well. First $10K credit card with my CU, just reported this month. Hoping once that’s six months old I can app for CSP or CSR.
Message 6 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:
At this point some old medical collections, working on getting them resolved. Had a credit card with WaMu which they acquired, had a kidney transplant and fell in tough times so it was charged off. No longer on my report but they can see it, let me in with the $500 limit, card will be 2 years old in Nov. AAoA 2.5 right now. Also have my auto lease with them as well. First $10K credit card with my CU, just reported this month. Hoping once that’s six months old I can app for CSP or CSR.

What is your utilization at the time you made the request? What were the reason for the denial of the CLI?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 7 of 15
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

I don’t recall as it was Feb 2018

Utilization now is 19%
Message 8 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Tito1183 wrote:

Utilization now is 19%

Thanks. What were the denial reasons for the CLI?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 9 of 15
Tito1183
Regular Contributor

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.