cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fairmont Credit Card is being replaced with Chase Sapphire Preferred!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Fairmont Credit Card is being replaced with Chase Sapphire Preferred!!

It's official chase and fairmont are parting away!

Today I received  letter from the chase stating that  on August 15th they are replacing Fairmont Visa Signature card with CSP. For me this is going to be second CSP.

6-14-2017 2-58-30 PM.jpg

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Fairmont Credit Card is being replaced with Chase Sapphire Preferred!!

Good info. I am sure some will be disappointed and others may be happy with this. 

Message 2 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Fairmont Credit Card is being replaced with Chase Sapphire Preferred!!

People that wanted the freedom should be able to downgrade from the CSP to the Freedom.   So it appears to have worked out for those people getting core non- co-branded chase cards.

Message 3 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Bummer, I was hoping for Freedom Unlimited since I'll never be under 5/24 Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 15
Schwartzinator
Frequent Contributor

YAAAAAAASSSSSSS! This is fantastic!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the intel. I'd really prefer to have the option for a regular Freedom card. ( not the Freedom Unlimited). I don't have any interest in obtaining another annual fee card, and my husband already has CSP.

If anyone is able to successfully change the Fairmont /CSP into a Freedom (especially without waiting a year), please share!

We are on vacation until the 29th, so I am wondering what the date will be that the Fairmont card is no longer valid? I am assuming it would coincide with the issue date of your new CSP, but I know from experience that is not always the case with other cards.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Luckily I was just able to use several of the Fairmont card benefits while on this trip! Whew.

Message 7 of 15
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

ooo, I would've been PISSSED, because I was debating about what Hotel card to get, and chose IHG, AFTER I got the CSP. lol so funny

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 8 of 15
texasman07
Established Contributor

For those with Fairmont Visa Sig! Good news!!!

Got a letter today saying my card is being changed to ...... drum roll..... CSP!!!
Message 9 of 15
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Fairmont Visa PRODUCT CHANGING to Chase Sapphire Preferred

Just got this letter in the mail today. Looks like my Farimont Visa is being changed to the Chase Sapphire Preferred. DIdnt think they'd convert so fast but here it is

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 6.18.07 PM.png

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.