Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Flexible Rewards card

tag
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Chase Flexible Rewards card

Hey does anyone still have a Chase flexible rewards card that hasn't been converted to a Chase freedom, or slate, or whatever else they are changing them to?

I two chase accounts, one of which came from WaMu, and they are both Flexible reward cards. Do anyone know when they might be converted? Also, I have a high balance on them, could they close them? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks.

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gymbo731
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Flexible Rewards card

No one's got that card anymore??

Starting Score: 640
Current Score: 744

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this card.  I had a Wamu plat card with 1% cash back that was converted to the Flexible Rewards card.  If I remember correctly, my letter from Chase said I was given this card because I had a rewards card from Wamu?  I was going to call and ask them to switch it to the Freedom card, but as of yet, Chase has yet to touch my interest rate or CL from Wamu, and as I don't really use it that much, I have never bothered.

Message 3 of 8
xchap
Contributor

I have this card (changed over from circuit city card) i was going to call to get a product change to the freedom card.

I did get rate jacked from 17% to 24.99%.

I barely use this card it has 3 yr history so i'll keep it. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 760

Message 4 of 8
xchap
Contributor

ok i call chase product change number i got from here. i asked them if i can change my flex reward  card to a chase freedom card she said no.

that i would need to apply for a  new card ......is this true ? anybody product change this card to freedom card...........?Smiley Mad

Message 5 of 8
Zar
Regular Contributor

Hello xchap,

I think each case is different, I also had the VISA WaMu Platinum with 1% cash back, when Chase bought WaMu they gace me the Flexible Reawards which I almost immediately switched to the VISA Chase Perfect Card.

A few days ago (since I needed a MASTERCARD), I sent a secure message online asking them to trade my VISA Perfect Card to a MASTERCARD Perfect Card... It was not possible. So then I asked them if I was eligible to switch to any other card (MASTERCARD) and they said it was possible for the MASTERCARD Slate so I product changed my card.

Each situation vaies so why don't you send them an online secure message.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Zar Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
xchap
Contributor

Ok Zar I will send them  a message to see what happens. thanks
Message Edited by xchap on 03-02-2010 04:37 PM

Message 7 of 8
xchap
Contributor

Sent chase a message on product change from flex to freedom.

they said " sorry not at this time no product change" i must apply for a new card...........!!NO WAY!! sorry chase heres a sock draw for you. take that

if i use it will only use it for small purchase and PIF....its my highest apr @ 24.99% 4k CLI    -2.13  balance. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.