cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud Flagging - Concern for closure?

tag
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

Chase Fraud Flagging - Concern for closure?

My CSR is flagged and Chase told me to wait until they finish their review and contact me themselves. My available credit is still the full amount but I'm worried about account closure. I was flagged after adding my cards to my new phone digital wallet. 

Help me not worry so much please!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Fraud Flagging - Concern for closure?

Your new phone, did you keep the same number?  Is it an additional phone line?

Ive gone through three phones in the last three years with no issues, so something must have tripped them a little.

They just disappear from "old" Samsung pay, and show up on new one. I didn't even have to manually add any cards other than US Bank, but US Bank is weird. 

I don't think anything will happen to your card as long as this is a case of *we're just making sure it's you*

It's strange, though. 

Message 2 of 15
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Unless you were behaving like an undesirable customer, you have nothing to worry about Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

I didn't even have to manually add any cards other than US Bank, but US Bank is weird. 

Literally seconds ago just added my USB Altitude GO card to my iPhone Apple Pay and thought that's weird I have to CALL! Thought it was because it's 2350hrs PST and bank batching is happening or something stupid. Guess it's just USB being USB, good to know!

Tried adding on Apple Watch and POOF gotta CALL again lol.

Message 4 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Unless you were behaving like an undesirable customer, you have nothing to worry about Smiley Happy

Meaning anyone over 5/24 ?😆

Message 5 of 15
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Ive gone through three phones in the last three years with no issues, so something must have tripped them a little.

They just disappear from "old" Samsung pay, and show up on new one. I didn't even have to manually add any cards other than US Bank, but US Bank is weird. 

I don't think anything will happen to your card as long as this is a case of *we're just making sure it's you*

It's strange, though. 

Yeah, I got a new phone number I'm using for separate business so perhaps that's it?

My transactions have been perfectly normal (as far as I can tell), I've just never had this happen to me before so it's freaking me out a bit. Doesn't help that it's the weekend so I'm sure they're out of the office right now...

Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

I didn't even have to manually add any cards other than US Bank, but US Bank is weird. 

Literally seconds ago just added my USB Altitude GO card to my iPhone Apple Pay and thought that's weird I have to CALL! Thought it was because it's 2350hrs PST and bank batching is happening or something stupid. Guess it's just USB being USB, good to know!

Tried adding on Apple Watch and POOF gotta CALL again lol.

Nah, that's US Bank lol 

Gotta have that extra step 

Message 7 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@icednightpaper wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

It's strange, though. 

Yeah, I got a new phone number I'm using for separate business so perhaps that's it?

My transactions have been perfectly normal (as far as I can tell), I've just never had this happen to me before so it's freaking me out a bit. Doesn't help that it's the weekend so I'm sure they're out of the office right now...

Yes, new number/line will do it.

My daughter is AU on my CSR, and when her number changed, they didn't restrict the account, but she was unable to add untill I called.

Their concern was that card number was stolen and someone else attempted to add it.

I think they are open today. If it's causing you anxiety, just call. 

Both fraud department and regular CSRs should be available. 

Message 8 of 15
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I would suggest that if you do not have your current cell phone number(s) on profile with the bank I would have themn added.

From the bank's prospective you have a credit card being added to phone number that does not belong to the consumer. If a credit card to phone number from bank's records does belong to you does not inspire a fraud department to do something leave the bank. Remember with most credit credit cards have 0% fraud liability which means the bank is on the hook for fruadulant use.  I will say this about USB is very good trying to protect your account(s) from fraud. It may be annoying but when you get a call about something fraudulent like I did you are thankful that they do what they do.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 9 of 15
ThriftySaver
Regular Contributor

So when adding cards to your cell phone it is best to make sure that cell phone number is on-file with the bank? So when we add credit card to like samsung pay the banks know what phone number it is being added to?

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.