cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud Flagging - Concern for closure?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Fraud Flagging - Concern for closure?

@Remedios wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

I didn't even have to manually add any cards other than US Bank, but US Bank is weird. 

Literally seconds ago just added my USB Altitude GO card to my iPhone Apple Pay and thought that's weird I have to CALL! Thought it was because it's 2350hrs PST and bank batching is happening or something stupid. Guess it's just USB being USB, good to know!

Tried adding on Apple Watch and POOF gotta CALL again lol.

Nah, that's US Bank lol 

Gotta have that extra step 

I just upgraded my iPhone, moved all the wallet cards from the old phone to the new phone by copying the existing Wallet, including US Bank Altitude Reserve, with only entering the CVV code necessary to activate. No call to US Bank required. No change of my phone number, but I haven't had to call a bank to set up a card on my Apple Wallet in years. Last time I think it was to Harris Bank for Diners Club Premier. Even that is now automated authorization, no phone call required.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 15
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

For whatever reason, my Chase online banking didn't have a phone number listed at all. I'm wondering just what the heck is going on with my stuff, because I don't see any fraudulent transactions but my contact info was gone. Also, it's been a long weekend with this nonsense occurring.

Message 12 of 15
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@ThriftySaver  The short answer is yes.  There has be layer of validation for security purposes.  That the cardholder and the cell phone number  belong to the same account holder.  In addition, is the account number that user just entered a valid account number.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit12Fico wrote:

Unless you were behaving like an undesirable customer, you have nothing to worry about Smiley Happy

Shame, all too often what one believes is undesirable customer behavior is not at all in line with what the card issuer sees as such. 

Message 14 of 15
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

For the sake of closure, Fraud Operations finally contacted me today. I had a combination of factors that triggered review. One, I had a bunch of transactions at a merchant outside my Zip Code; two, the aforementioned adding all my card to a new device; and three, a weird lack of identifying information on my Chase profile (even though I've had products for years now?).

Was I unnecessarily freaking out? Perhaps, but I'm just relieved that everything resolved. Lesson learned though, maybe tell them if I'm going to be out of town...and do one potentially suspicious action at a time >_<

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.