Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Fraud - Marriott Card

tag
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Chase Fraud - Marriott Card

Received fraud alert email at 12:05am this morning from Chase.

$55 purchase at "NEWD Clothing Co" in  Milwaukee Wisconsin.

Interesting data point... I've only used my card once in the past 45ish days.  It was for the Visa Signature Fandango Promo...BOGO on movie tickets.  

Will be calling this morning to hopefully get a new card sent overnight...Of course this happens 36 hours before I'm staying at a Marriott for 4 nights.

Thank you Chase for watching over my (your) beloved money.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Fraud - Marriott Card

lol. make them expedite the card, they will.

my Marriott card got used before I ever even received it. I had them expedite a new one, it came in like a day, and then I received the fraud one 2 months later in an envelope that had been torn to shreds.
Message 2 of 8
elim
Senior Contributor

nice of them to catch it!

strange that i drag my Marriott card all over the country and have never been declined.   when overseas i have always set a travel notification but have never within the US.

i wonder what exactly triggered the fraud?   just the location?

Message 3 of 8
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

Called the fraud dept this morning.  Hold time less than a minute.

Verified I wasn't in WI last night (LOL).

Will overnight new card.

Pretty painless.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |

Message 4 of 8
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@elim wrote:

nice of them to catch it!

strange that i drag my Marriott card all over the country and have never been declined.   when overseas i have always set a travel notification but have never within the US.

i wonder what exactly triggered the fraud?   just the location?

I'm sure their fraud software tracks spending patterns and location data.  If it detects a questionable authorization request, it denies it and sends a fraud alert.

In my case, the charge was flat out denied by Chase.  It never even showed pending on my account activity.

Message 5 of 8
NRB525
Super Contributor

When my Marriott card was compromised in early June, I got a text message on my phone asking to confirm Y or N a certain transaction. It was vague enough information that I had to log on to my Chase account to see whether the transaction i knew I did may have been the same one. Turned out there was a small charge, another small charge, then a refund of the second small charge, then another location/business charge in a matter of a day or so. None were authorized, so they declined them all, and after learning I was already travelling without the card, sent the replacement regular delivery.

The text alerts are a specific setup you have to make on the Chase site, to get the notices that way.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you mean you didnt purchase $1600 in tickets from China Southern Airline at 3 in the morning? lol (happened to me)

I put all my cards on $1+ spend alerts (AMEX is min $10) and my apps alert me the instant it swipes (literally). Ive caught fraud way faster than the card companies do. 

Message 7 of 8
jm1991
Regular Contributor

never had a problem with the Marriott Card although I had to replace my Ritz card because of a fraudulent charge for a 24hr fitness in Miami. Funny thing is that they let the charge go through. i did recive an email of suspicious activity but they still let it go through. Called JP morgan executive # and eveything was sorted out and card rushed in less than 2 minutes. 

Marriott Premier SV: $8,500 Amex blue sky: $24,000 BoA BBR: $3,900 BoA Cash Rewards: $9,100 Ritz Carlton: $5,000 Discover: $5,000
MyFico Score:752
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.