cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Freedom $200 sign up bonus, ever again?

Each year the bonuses get crappier and crappier, sad to say. Now people are floored when they see an airline card 100k bonus. Cap1 had the 50k Venture bonus for all of a week (glad I went for that one)?

Its hard to say for sure but Chase usually does a nice one for Freedom 1-2 times a year. That $300 one was sweet, sad I missed it.

Message 11 of 14
Boragard
Established Contributor

I was approved for my freedom account (by recon) on january 19.  When I was approved it said $100 cash back.  However, when I called in to see if the point will post 3 months after account opening, or  3 billing cycles.  She informed me the extra points will post to my account after 3 months.  She also stated I was getting $200 cash bck instead of $100 because I got approved by the  "cut off date" which is determined by chase.  My 3rd statement cut yesterday, and I saw my 20,000 points or $200!!  So I say apply anyway, you might be surprised like I was.  

Message 12 of 14
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

I was approved on Feb 19 for the Freedom card and can't find any  mention of the $200 cash back.  How could I find out if I have this benefit? 

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 13 of 14
Boragard
Established Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

I was approved on Feb 19 for the Freedom card and can't find any  mention of the $200 cash back.  How could I find out if I have this benefit? 

Call the number on the back of your card.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.