cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom $200 signup bonus is back!

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom $200 signup bonus is back!

For me it took about a day and a half

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 21 of 73
DieGo2SHAE
Regular Contributor

Ah damn it, I just applied 2 days ago >.< Off to send a message as well, hoping for the best!

May 2013 | June 2013 |Sep 2013 | Dec 2013 |May 2014 | May 2014 | May 2014| April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015 | April 2015
Message 22 of 73
SGR
Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

I sent them a secured message last time they had this offer, I applied about a month before the offer, and they credited my account for the extra 10,000 points with no trouble at all. Just an FYI who just missed this offer

They are honoring it for my brother. He just got his card last Saturday.

Message 23 of 73
cobbson
Regular Contributor

@CarnegieS wrote:

I haven't seen anyone mention it yet but I applogigze if this has already been posted. It appears that chase is currently offering a $200 bonus after you spend $500 within the first three months. I think this is the same deal that was offered late last year. I recall reading a thread not to long ago and multiple people mentioned they were waiting on this offer to return. Just a heads up to those people it appears that the offer is back! Good luck to all who take adavntage of this offer! Smiley Happy

"For a limited time earn a $200 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening." 

Source : https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-freedom.aspx

Just acquired my second spade after 3 months in the garden and this comes along. Smiley HappyI was trying to wait on the Freedom until my 2 inquiries age to over one year. Gonna have to sleep on this temptation.

Message 24 of 73
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Sounds great and all but I have to wait much much longer. Sigh.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 25 of 73
pip3man
Valued Contributor

please anyone who SMed Chase regarding this $200 offer, would you mind sharing the email u sent and/or how I should word the request? I opened my Freedom account on 04/28/2014 and was just credited the initial $100 bonus like 3 days ago which I haven't even touched yet. Thanks for any assistance

Message 26 of 73
SGR
Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

please anyone who SMed Chase regarding this $200 offer, would you mind sharing the email u sent and/or how I should word the request? I opened my Freedom account on 04/28/2014 and was just credited the initial $100 bonus like 3 days ago which I haven't even touched yet. Thanks for any assistance

Here is the message my brother sent:

"I was approved for my Chase Freedom card on [INSERT DATE]. When I signed up there was a $100 sign-up bonus offer after spending $500 . However, I noticed today that the sign-up bonus offer is now $200. Would it be possible to get the $200 bonus since I just got the card on [INSERT DATE]?"

They honored his request -- he just has to reply to the SM once the $100 bonus posts and they will adjust it to $200.

Message 27 of 73
Brailagise

Here is the message I sent and they said they would gladly honor the bonus.

"I recently applied for the Chase Freedom and got approved 
for the 10,000 points after 500 dollars with the 25 
dollars for the authorized user. Is there any way that I 
could get swapped to the 20,000 points after 500 dollars 
promotion. I very much appreciate your time and to hear 
from you soon! "

I will say that the customer service CSRs over the phone said they could do nothing. I'm glad that I spent the extra time to secure msg

Message 28 of 73
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

Basically what SGR said, except I added that I have met all spending requirements.

Message 29 of 73
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

I just applied two weeks ago and got my card last week.   I've already met the spend requirement (and then some), so I also have sent them a secure message. 

I will report back when I hear from them.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.