Chase Freedom 2013 Category

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Chase Freedom 2013 Category

@distantarray wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

No Best Buy in the 4th quarter? Suckage.

I just purchased a TV and got $35 from the 5% cashback PLUS the 10-10 bonuses.

No groceries either? Looks like the BCE is going into heavy rotation mode for me.

At least the Freedom will be seeing usage in the first three quarters. Maybe this will make it easier to decide between Freedom and More.

Best Buy typically does not have the "best" price, if you catch my drift. I bought Panasonic TC-L42ET5 from Amazon for $600, while Best Buy goes for $800 right now (which is $30 more expensive than standard Amazon price, $770). You did compare your price to other sellers right?

It does have Amazon.com as 5% category, which I think is better than Best Buy.

also bestbuy recodes their merchandise with the manufacturer. For instance my TV is a 6000 but they renumbered it to 6001 which does not exist besides in bestbuy so NO ONE can price match it lol

This is an awesome discovery. Do you have a link to this by any chance? I'd be interested in reading more about the various tricks vendors pull on customers.

Message 21 of 49
distantarray
Established Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

No Best Buy in the 4th quarter? Suckage.

I just purchased a TV and got $35 from the 5% cashback PLUS the 10-10 bonuses.

No groceries either? Looks like the BCE is going into heavy rotation mode for me.

At least the Freedom will be seeing usage in the first three quarters. Maybe this will make it easier to decide between Freedom and More.

Best Buy typically does not have the "best" price, if you catch my drift. I bought Panasonic TC-L42ET5 from Amazon for $600, while Best Buy goes for $800 right now (which is $30 more expensive than standard Amazon price, $770). You did compare your price to other sellers right?

It does have Amazon.com as 5% category, which I think is better than Best Buy.

also bestbuy recodes their merchandise with the manufacturer. For instance my TV is a 6000 but they renumbered it to 6001 which does not exist besides in bestbuy so NO ONE can price match it lol

This is an awesome discovery. Do you have a link to this by any chance? I'd be interested in reading more about the various tricks vendors pull on customers.

i didn't see a link on it I just noticed it on my own, for instance look at the Asus Vivobook that was on the black friday's ad you won't find it anywhere or the 55 inch samsung led tv for$799 (one I got) I just purchased it at bestbuy so i could hit my spending cap for my freedom and 5% transfering those points to Sapphire so i'll get about $125+ (10/10) bonus as well. The model number doesn't match up with anything else in the world lol just bestbuy =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 22 of 49
distantarray
Established Contributor

I'm a very cheap or frugal shopper however you look at it, and I search reviews and prices everywhere first. With my cards I have over $5,000 in spending I have to fulfill to hitmy bonus spending requirements with a few cards so that's why I used it opposed to buying it on amazon.(which I used to buy my projector)

Now just bought a App Radio 2 cause some guy finally released an app that ACTUALLY makes the damn headunit worth a damn.... now you can mirror and control everything on your phone with the headunit with a beautiful capacitive screen =)

Also getting a 200 inch projector 16:9 projector screen on my chase sapphire to hit it.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 23 of 49
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Starbucks coffee isn't worth it even if it were free.

Agreed +100. Now if they had Comminity Coffee on there Smiley Wink. Also, third quarter looks weak. 

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 49
nixforfun
Established Member

Hope Discover More has better categories... Does anyone know when they announce them?

Message 25 of 49
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I think people are saying mid-late December.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 49
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@nixforfun wrote:

Hope Discover More has better categories... Does anyone know when they announce them?

If I recall correctly Dec 1 and you can sign up Dec 15

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are presriptions ( from the pharmacy) regognized in the 5% cashback with drugstores? 

Message 28 of 49
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Could be a whole ton worse...finally. Things i'll actually USE for next quarter! I'm earning nada so far on the categories this quarter Smiley Mad good thing I have 5x bonus points still for my TD Bank card until Feb 1st for dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments!

No holiday shopping or travels? You're a rare case Smiley Happy

I know, right? Not much of a holiday traveller. More summertime! Staying in Jersey for all of the holidays that is no more than a 40 minute car ride away!

Also I do do holiday shopping, but I'm more of a Amazon person for electronics and since I work at JCP and there's no convenient Kohl's by me, I don't even shop there!

So yeah, I guess I am the rare case XD

Message 29 of 49
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

well looks like ill be loading my starbucks card with 500 dollars and then just using the freedom as my go to gas card for the next three months.. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.