cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom 5% Dept Store + Portal? Is it combined?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom 5% Dept Store + Portal? Is it combined?

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but for the chase freedom being 5% on department stores, if I were to purchase something on macys.com but go through the chase shopping portal for  a "10% macys" link,  does that mean I get a total of 15% cash back (5% Macy & 10% Macy portal offer)? Or is it 10% for going through the portal and the 5% wont apply since thats the higher percentage back?

Basically does the 5% department store cateogry also combines with the % given in the Chase Shopping Portal?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom 5% Dept Store + Portal? Is it combined?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but for the chase freedom being 5% on department stores, if I were to purchase something on macys.com but go through the chase shopping portal for  a "10% macys" link,  does that mean I get a total of 15% cash back (5% Macy & 10% Macy portal offer)? Or is it 10% for going through the portal and the 5% wont apply since thats the higher percentage back?

Basically does the 5% department store category also combines with the % given in the Chase Shopping Portal?

Yes, 

However be sure to read the terms and conditions that apply to the site before you leave the shopping portal. ALot of times if you take advantage of discounts on the site it negates the additional percentage received. Also certain items may be excluded. 

Also be aware the shop through Chase portal additional points may take a couple weeks to be credited to your account. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm... I beg to differ with the above poster because I tried it and only got 10% not both.  But I contacted Macy's and they said I can only use one.  I am curious though to see what your experience is.  Report back should you get the 15% percent.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Umm... I beg to differ with the above poster because I tried it and only got 10% not both.  But I contacted Macy's and they said I can only use one.  I am curious though to see what your experience is.  Report back should you get the 15% percent.

Gotta read the terms and conditions before you leave the shop thru Chase portal (every store is different.) Took along time going back and forth with customer service for me to figure that out. 

Alotta times if you take the stores discount it will negate the bonus you get. Plus the bonus is not immediate. Might take a week or 2. If you feel your not getting it send Chase a secure message. They are good about crediting the appropriate points. 

I earn alot using the portal. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.