Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Additional Benefits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Additional Benefits

So I am still waiting on my new Chase Freedom card to come in the mail.  In the mean time, I figured I would check out their website today to gather all the included benefits (rental car protection, extended warranty, etc) that would come with this card.  Capital One, Discover, Citi, Amex, and everyone else I can find clearly lists these on their website.  For the life of me, I cannot find this anywhere on the Chase website.

I even called their benefits line and they don't know of one, nor can they tell me what I have without my card number.  Now I don't see why they would need my card number as I imagine every Chase Freedom Visa has the same ones.  I know for a fact I do not have the Visa Signature.  Does anyone know where I could find this information?  I'm not sure why Chase doesn't advertise this on their website like every other provider.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom Additional Benefits

It has a lot of good benefits, pretty comparable to my Amex really.  Extended warranty, but capped at 3 years instead of 5.  Purchase and return protection for 60 or 90 days I think.  It also has a price protection benefit that Amex doesn't offer.  I think it's rental car insurance was pretty similar to Amex, secondary coverage and no exotics, pickups, or big SUVs.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It has a lot of good benefits, pretty comparable to my Amex really.  Extended warranty, but capped at 3 years instead of 5.  Purchase and return protection for 60 or 90 days I think.  It also has a price protection benefit that Amex doesn't offer.  I think it's rental car insurance was pretty similar to Amex, secondary coverage and no exotics, pickups, or big SUVs.

Sounds good.  I figured it would at least be as good as my Cap One rebuilder.  Where did you get this information?  DId they mail it to you or did you find it online somewhere, and if so, where?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

A benefits guide came with the card.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A benefits guide came with the card.

Ah, perfect, I can wait.  I'm just surprised they don't advertise these like the other providers and that their CS reps are so oblivious.  Oh well.  Thanks a lot for giving me the rundown.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. I was surprised how much is actually covered. It has exactly the same benefits as Amex cards (purchase protection, return protection, extended warranty, auto rental insurance) but everything is just a little crappier - lower $ amount of coverage.

Edit: This is for the regular Visa. The Visa Signature version is probably better coverage.

Message 6 of 7
FrugalRican
Blogger

And quite the guide it is too. I was just looking over it last night.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.