cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom - Approved!!!! Clearview Federal Credit Union - Denied.

tag
timkrof
Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom - Approved!!!! Clearview Federal Credit Union - Denied.

They look great!  I don't think they are any branches near me though.  How would I make a withdrawal if needed?

Message 11 of 32
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

I can relate to you completely. Where I live, there is a credit union that won't even allow me to be a member because I have a BK on my report (Chex record clean as a whistle). These people won't even allow me to run my money through their credit union, for crying out loud!

Contrast that to the credit union I joined a short while ago, 3 Rivers FCU in Fort Wayne. Not only did these folks allow me to become a member and have checking/savings accounts, but they used the same credit report they pulled to verify my ID info to roll out the red carpet and approve me for their VISA Platinum card, a 5-star rated card with no AF, a $3,000 line, and 13% APR.

Just goes to show you...some CUs want your business, others take it for granted. If I were you, I'd drop that CU like a bad habit ASAP.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 12 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

I can relate to you completely. Where I live, there is a credit union that won't even allow me to be a member because I have a BK on my report (Chex record clean as a whistle). These people won't even allow me to run my money through their credit union, for crying out loud!

Contrast that to the credit union I joined a short while ago, 3 Rivers FCU in Fort Wayne. Not only did these folks allow me to become a member and have checking/savings accounts, but they used the same credit report they pulled to verify my ID info to roll out the red carpet and approve me for their VISA Platinum card, a 5-star rated card with no AF, a $3,000 line, and 13% APR.

Just goes to show you...some CUs want your business, others take it for granted. If I were you, I'd drop that CU like a bad habit ASAP.

+1

Congrats on that 3 Rivers FCU success!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 32
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

+1

Why thank you! Those folks are incredibly kind and always take the time to thank me for choosing them. There is something to be said for good old fashioned customer service Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 14 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

+1

Why thank you! Those folks are incredibly kind and always take the time to thank me for choosing them. There is something to be said for good old fashioned customer service Smiley Happy

I can't wait to experience it myself!! I do love Barclays CS so far!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the Chase Freedom card, I just got this card myself and love it!

Message 16 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@timkrof wrote:

They look great!  I don't think they are any branches near me though.  How would I make a withdrawal if needed?

Check this out:

http://www.psecu.com/atms/

You can use any ATM in the CU co-op network and some others.  They are not nearly as plentiful as my PNC ATMs are here in Pittsburgh, but it looks like you should be able to find one in most places.

My wife and I both have a savings account with them while I also have a Visa/PSL combo and auto loan.  We are thinking about moving all our banking there, but also a little nervous about less ATMs and no nearby branch.  I may eventually bite the bullet and do it, but for now I am very happy with my PNC Virtual Wallet account.  If that ever changes though, PSECU will get my primary checking.

Message 17 of 32
timkrof
Contributor

Thanks for the info!  I'm going to call PSECU on Monday.  Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

@timkrof wrote:

Check this out:

You can use any ATM in the CU co-op network and some others.  They are not nearly as plentiful as my PNC ATMs are here in Pittsburgh, but it looks like you should be able to find one in most places.

My wife and I both have a savings account with them while I also have a Visa/PSL combo and auto loan.  We are thinking about moving all our banking there, but also a little nervous about less ATMs and no nearby branch.  I may eventually bite the bullet and do it, but for now I am very happy with my PNC Virtual Wallet account.  If that ever changes though, PSECU will get my primary checking.

@Anonymous wrote:

@timkrof wrote:

Check this out:

Message 18 of 32
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Mod Cut how-to-establish-business-credit/ is a really good article about business credit look it up!

Linking to credit repair sites is not allowed - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 19 of 32
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Im sorry I didnt realize an article is no good sorry wont happen again.

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.