Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Auto CLI Tactics?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom Auto CLI Tactics?

So I got a Chase Freedom card in December of 2011 and I've run it up to near the limit for every billing cycle and paid it off the day after the statement. 

They initially gave me a $3000 limit and I'm wondering how often they give out automatic INQ free CLIs.

I have a high balance of 10,600 showing on my Amex plat, a 4000 limit at Citi and a 12,000 limit at USAA. I also have a few GE cards all around 2000.

This is my first Chase card and I'm wondering if any of you have positive experiences with getting an auto CLI. Ultimately, I'd like to app for a Sapphire Preferred but I hear they match their existing in house limits on new accounts.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Auto CLI Tactics?

Have the freedom, have had a couple other Chase cards in the past.  Parents have had a few (different kinds) and I have yet to hear about an auto CLI from Chase from much of anyone.   I have heard they used to be good ad CLDs however. 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 35
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

I got an auto CLI on my Freedom 2 years after opening. They raised me from 2k to 3k. 

2 weeks ago I apped and recieved a Sapphire with a starting CL of 5k instant approval.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 3 of 35
CS800
Super Contributor

Chase will also be a challenge for me. I got a Freedom last December and still wondering the best way to proceed with a CLI 6 months from now.

Message 4 of 35
john398
Senior Contributor

Would it not be better to pay before the statement that way your credit report does not show it is maxed out? Just a thought

Message 5 of 35
CS800
Super Contributor

I dont know if it helps to let them make some money off the APR? If we pif ,the dont really make out in terms of APR. Give them a bait??

Message 6 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the baiting them with a few bucks of interest idea.

As far as letting the balance report to the CRAs, I've done it a couple times to show other soft pullers that I've run it up and paid it off. I only do one at a time to keep overall utilization low and if I know I'm apping or asking for a CLI from someone I make sure my overall utilization is < 10% 

Message 7 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone who got an automatic cli after 3 months or so comment on their spending, scores, etc?
Message 8 of 35
CS800
Super Contributor

I dont see many threads with Chase CLI's nevermind auto cli's. Looks like one has to be willing to sacrifice a HP

Message 9 of 35
PetRaccoon
New Contributor

I don't know about Auto CLIs but I went to the Branch the other day and the banker had a 'Green Button' credit offer on her computer for me, but I decided not to take it.  She couldn't be sure what it was unless I wanted to accept it.

She said that it usually means that the computer is telling her to offer another card to me and the computer has a very high chance to have instant approval.  I didn't want to take it since I only got my card about 2 months ago..

TU08:: 754 (4/14) EQ: 745 (6/14) 753 (1/13) Ex: 766 (12/11)
Goal: 800! Then Keep it there and keep growing!~
Card(s): HSBC Premier WMC: 5,000 (7/09), Chase Freedom 6,000 (11/11) BCE 3,200 (12/11) Chase Saph: 5,000 (5/12)
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.