Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI after 1 month

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom CLI after 1 month

Ok, I got approved for Chase Freedom last month with a $2,000 CL. I went into the garden on Oct. 10. Tonight, I decided to try to get a CLI for the chase, since it was my lowest limit. The CSR said I was declined. I immediately called the recon line and was approved for $4,000! I didn't even have to go into explanation mode. I don't understand why there is such a difference between regular CS and the Recon one! Anyway, back to the garden I go!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Freedom CLI after 1 month

Good job! Jelly Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Regular customer service representatives are not credit analysts and may not be able to override what the system tells them.

Message 3 of 17
LesWH
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Regular customer service representatives are not credit analysts and may not be able to override what the system tells them.

Makes sense!

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same with me. Last night I wanted to inclease CL from 1k to 5k. Got a message they only increased it 300 to 1.3k. Called recon and got the full 5k CL.

Message 5 of 17
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Ok, I got approved for Chase Freedom last month with a $2,000 CL. I went into the garden on Oct. 10. Tonight, I decided to try to get a CLI for the chase, since it was my lowest limit. The CSR said I was declined. I immediately called the recon line and was approved for $4,000! I didn't even have to go into explanation mode. I don't understand why there is such a difference between regular CS and the Recon one! Anyway, back to the garden I go!

HP I assume?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 6 of 17
LesWH
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

HP I assume?

I'm pretty sure it was. From what I read on these boards Chase only does HP for CLI. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Message 7 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 8 of 17
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

way to go congrats.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 17
qtcbcute
Contributor

That's great! Don't you just love Chase? I got my Freedom card last week with a $3000 CL. I called today and asked for $6000 and got it! I'm goNina be with Chase forever!!!

@LesWH wrote:

Starting Score: ?
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.