Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Freedom CLI

What is the highest utilization % some has had when getting approved over the phone for a CLI increase?

My card currently has a $2,000 CL and I have a 74% utilization % (very high).

In about a month that will drop to 55%. Any info and/or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom CLI

Chase is pretty tricky w CLI unless it's auto. I'd say no unless you're making several hundred dollar payments per month. Also heard they do hp for cli requests.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Message 3 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Don't waste the HP. You need to get util below 10%.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 16
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

My opinion as well. I understand it is more fun to think of silver bullets like applying to new cards or raising CL, but from what you say the one course of action is arming oneself with patience and paying off debt as quickly as possible.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 5 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@SevenNEW wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

My opinion as well. I understand it is more fun to think of silver bullets like applying to new cards or raising CL, but from what you say the one course of action is arming oneself with patience and paying off debt as quickly as possible.

+1... you wont get a nice CLI until your utilization goes wayyy down
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 16
RyVision
Valued Contributor

A Chase CLI request can be tricky with even sub 30% UTIL, but would be a 99.99% guarantee HP.   If you haven't had them over the year with perfect reports, don't even waste your phone time.  When it comes to Chase, you''d be better off doing something constructive with your time in comparison,...... like changing the air in your tires or something.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Haha RyVision, so true and thank you for making me LOL.

        
Message 8 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

A Chase CLI request can be tricky with even sub 30% UTIL, but would be a 99.99% guarantee HP.   If you haven't had them over the year with perfect reports, don't even waste your phone time.  When it comes to Chase, you''d be better off doing something constructive with your time in comparison,...... like changing the air in your tires or something.

Yea you need to get that nissan altima that honks (filling tires) when your overdoing things, it will honk as soon you get a Chase rep on the phone Smiley Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rUfCAuIOx0

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 16
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

My utl was 3%, but I had other negatives working against me so it was important to have a low utl in order to increase my chance for approval.They approved me despite having a previous unpaid chase collection and despite currently having one unpaid phone bill collection.I had to recon three times before achieving success.That one collection falls off in five more months.Can't believe how fast time is moving.This time last year all my credit scores were in the 500's.Chase really does extend a second chance if they see you are making a real effort to rebuild.

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.