Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Denied for"Too many recent Inquiries"..Need Help

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Denied for"Too many recent Inquiries"..Need Help

just so i am understanding this correctly.

did chase close your account back in 2007 because you were late, or because you didn't pay at all, or because they soft pulled you and just didn't like what's going on your CR?

Also to add: if they SP'ed you and didn't like what's going on.....do you know what was the cause? Did you max out a few cards? Did you become deliquent on other account(s)?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 46
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You aren't disputing the auto loan inq's but explaining what they were for ...inq's count for 1 yr for CS and they stay on your report for 2 years. Not sure what 'all other inq's from Dec 12 or earlier' refers to
Message 12 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

I never actually received a reason why they revoked. Even when I asked the rep was unclear.

I was never late

Always paid more than the minimum

I think they revoked because they did not like my usage. At that time I has just started paying off collections and straightening out negative accounts.

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 13 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BKFireFly wrote:

Hey everybody.

Back in 07 I got a chase freedom with 4 K and I was so excited, so I used and paid and at my 6 mth review it was revoked. I was never late, always paid more than the minimum but util was high, I had done a few favors and was waiting to get the money to make lump payments. Anyway so A/c closed I made a few late payments and finally joined their balance liquidation program. Paid it off 1+ yrs early (March '13).  I have a lot of cards all with low limits put paid on time most with a zero balance. My Dell A/C has the highest util. *sorry to be long winded*

I have been on the search for a prime card with a decent util, authorized user on mom visa w/ 4K but doesn't report. So I apped for a freedom and I got wait msg. I waited letter said nothing about my past negative history, just too many recent inquiries. I have tried BOA, Citi & Barclay. I cannot get a prime card. I need to get back out of subprime help. Can't find a company to take a chance on me.

Should I recon and what are my chances of approval? Or other advise

OP, something doesn't add up.  What type of "usage" did you put on the card that resulted in the account being closed?  Also, you mentioned that you made no late payments on the card but your above sentence contradicts what was posted earlier... additionally, if the recent "early" pay off on this card occurred just last month on their BLP, then they will likely be able to see this during a manual review.

Message 14 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

To clarify, I did not pay prior to closure. I was pissed at chasse for closing my account and made really stupid decisions. I think at the time my usage was like 60-80 %. As i previosuly stated did a few favors for family and was waiting for the cash to make the lump sum payments within the next month or so. They never paid so I did the BLP.

Card was opened in 07, closed in 08

@FinStar wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Hey everybody.

Back in 07 I got a chase freedom with 4 K and I was so excited, so I used and paid and at my 6 mth review it was revoked. I was never late, always paid more than the minimum but util was high, I had done a few favors and was waiting to get the money to make lump payments. Anyway so A/c closed I made a few late payments and finally joined their balance liquidation program. Paid it off 1+ yrs early (March '13).  I have a lot of cards all with low limits put paid on time most with a zero balance. My Dell A/C has the highest util. *sorry to be long winded*

I have been on the search for a prime card with a decent util, authorized user on mom visa w/ 4K but doesn't report. So I apped for a freedom and I got wait msg. I waited letter said nothing about my past negative history, just too many recent inquiries. I have tried BOA, Citi & Barclay. I cannot get a prime card. I need to get back out of subprime help. Can't find a company to take a chance on me.

Should I recon and what are my chances of approval? Or othe

OP, something doesn't add up.  What type of "usage" did you put on the card that resulted in the account being closed?  Also, you mentioned that you made no late payments on the card but your above sentence contradicts what was posted earlier... additionally, if the recent "early" pay off on this card occurred just last month on their BLP, then they will likely be able to see this during a manual review.

Absurdly minor proanity edit --CareBear Rev

***Nothing Beats a try but a Fail*** I refuse to fail, success is the only option.
Message 15 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Chase did a soft & hard pull for the account , does this matter?

Message 16 of 46
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@BKFireFly wrote:

To clarify, I did not pay prior to closure. I was pissed at chasse for closing my account and made really stupid decisions. I think at the time my usage was like 60-80 %. As i previosuly stated did a few favors for family and was waiting for the cash to make the lump sum payments within the next month or so. They never paid so I did the BLP.

@FinStar wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Hey everybody.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  This is really going to depend on a variety of factors if you decide to have the decision reconsidered: (a) inquiries/recent new credit (b) previous history with Chase (c) overall credit profile, etc.  On the upside, you have rectified the situation and settled the debt earlier than scheduled via their BLP.

The only potential issue could be how they view your previous history with them, as Chase remembers and the "forgiving" factor can take some time on their end.  Could they give you a second chance?  Possibly.  Can the reconsideration also result in a denial?  Possible as well.  The only way to know for sure is how you present/plead your case to them if you try the reconsideration approach and want to re-establish a relationship and whether they are willing/able to open an account for you.

Message 17 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@BKFireFly wrote:

Hey everybody.

Ok, thanks for clarifying.  This is really going to depend on a variety of factors if you decide to have the decision reconsidered: (a) inquiries/recent new credit (b) previous history with Chase (c) overall credit profile, etc.  On the upside, you have rectified the situation and settled the debt earlier than scheduled via their BLP.

The only potential issue could be how they view your previous history with them, as Chase remembers and the "forgiving" factor can take some time on their end.  Could they give you a second chance?  Possibly.  Can the reconsideration also result in a denial?  Possible as well.  The only way to know for sure is how you present/plead your case to them if you try the reconsideration approach and want to re-establish a relationship and whether they are willing/able to open an account for you.

I was planning to call tomorrow, but I am unsure what would be my best approach, to sell my case. I think the ealry payoff is like my best selling point & the fact that those inquiries are from me looking for an auto loan/purchase.

Full time grad student, majority of my credit report is student loans. Besides a lare on my Macys & Hofstra (2008)  that I am disputing and tryign to good will, Chase is the only other late payment & the worst on my report. I don't pay late. Unfortunately, getting that good CL from them would sufficiently drop my util.

Total revolving credit $ 10 K, using like 4k. (I know i need to get my util down  to less than that). I use my cards for books, tution payments etc.

I am thoroughly at a loss here.

Message 18 of 46
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP, hopefully they will only dwell on your inq's and not bring up your past history. explain you were car shopping. Do not say, 'I just want a prime card'..make sure they know how much you want their cc. You hope to have a long relationship with them.

If they bring up your past history, well you didn't know that utilizing your CL was harmful. That you always paid on time and you really would like a second chance.

Best of luck.
Message 19 of 46
BKFireFly
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much everyone for your input. I will keep you posted. *Crossing Fingers & Heart* Going to take the plunge tomorrow. Gonna push for 3-5K if even get a yes. I'm somewhat ambitious.

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.