Did you mean: 

Chase Freedom Flex Rewards Master Card Fixed Credit Limit

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Flex Rewards Master Card Fixed Credit Limit

@Remedios wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

This is definitely a good thing to know if it is a hard change that we can't grow the limit on this card. Many on MF are gun-ho but some of us are cautious. I am not upgrading to Flex until it makes sense for me and until I know any new limitations of that card before even considering a PC.

For those that are considering a PC, it may be good to request a CLI before the PC and see if the limit will be good enough for you to maintain it permanently. 

Maybe I didn't have enough coffee, but how is language from many years ago indicative of not being able to request CLI? 

All of my cards reference Credit Limit, and by that logic, if it says limit, it means they are staying at that, because that's a definition of the limit. 

Maybe I didn't have my coffee when I wrote that as I interpreted this thread to mean what I blabbered out. My bad!

P.S. If you can find it, try Espresso Monster - Vanilla Cream. It really perks me up! What kind of coffee do you drink? You talk about coffee all the time!

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 11 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@SecretAzure wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@SecretAzure wrote:

This is definitely a good thing to know if it is a hard change that we can't grow the limit on this card. Many on MF are gun-ho but some of us are cautious. I am not upgrading to Flex until it makes sense for me and until I know any new limitations of that card before even considering a PC.

For those that are considering a PC, it may be good to request a CLI before the PC and see if the limit will be good enough for you to maintain it permanently. 

Maybe I didn't have enough coffee, but how is language from many years ago indicative of not being able to request CLI? 

All of my cards reference Credit Limit, and by that logic, if it says limit, it means they are staying at that, because that's a definition of the limit. 

Maybe I didn't have my coffee when I wrote that as I interpreted this thread to mean what I blabbered out. My bad!

P.S. If you can find it, try Espresso Monster - Vanilla Cream. It really perks me up! What kind of coffee do you drink? You talk about coffee all the time!

I have no standards when it comes to coffee. If it looks like coffee, I'm drinking it, except for Starbucks. 

They must be roasting their beans inside a volcano. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I understand correctly, the Credit Access Line means it's a flexible spending line, meaning they will let you go over the limit temporarily (and you'll need to pay the overlimit part of the balance when it comes due), while Credit Limit means they won't let you go over under normal circumstances (charges would be declined, or an overlimit fee charged).

This has no bearing on whether you can get a CLI or not.  You can get (or not get) CLIs with either type.

The terminology seems to be used interchangeably in a lot of places though.  Both my Chase cards are Visa Signature with flexible credit access lines, but when looking at account details online, it says "total credit limit", so to some extent they use the terms interchangeably, but in some instances they have different meanings.

What is the limit on yours OP?  Maybe they don't do the flexible spending on Mastercards, or they only do it if the SL is higher than $5k or something.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've only ever seen the term "Flexible Spending Credit Card" where it usually says account type, which is on both CSP and CFU as well as my USB(Fred Meyer). While all my other cards just read "Credit Card".

Message 14 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

It's been years since I received the letter but Chase sent out something about credit line access vs credit limit.   As far as I am aware, Chase continues to use the terms interchangeably, and if a card is a Visa Signature or Infinite product, they have retained flexible spending limits.  With this new card being a WEMC, there's nothing to compare it to in the Chase family but my assumption would be that it would retain flexible spending ability persuant to your relationship with Chase.  I would look at the cardmember agreement itself for confirmation of that, however.

Not sure how "lenders tightening" and "never eligible for a CLI" came into the conversation, though.  Flexible spending ability has always been based on creditworthiness.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.