Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

tag
Yankee2
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Kinda funny how obvious this is a reaction to the Citi Custom Cash.

Does this stack on top of the +2% on dining or drugstores?

If so I'll be making a lot more trips to CVS for 11% back.

How?  I would think it was 3% for drug store + 5% for most common category, making 8%

1% base

2% drugstore category bonus

4% Q4 top category bonus

4% Q4 PayPal bonus (I pay with the app at checkout)

11% total

The Flex has 3% drugstore category, so it would be 12%

Message 21 of 105
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

If anyone had a sizeable home improvement project they could order material/appliances online, PayPal would stack.

Any Travel reservations online would stack.

And anyone who regularly orders food online, this would also stack.

FFlex is already on my TO-DO list, but this certainly strengthens its weight....I hope Chase continues with these kind of promos...

And @JNA1 ........stop it.  I know what's going on in that head right now.  Smiley Surprised 

I can think about it all I want, but I'm sulking in the garden for quite a while yet! 😭🤷‍♂️😂AD1F00AD-0114-441C-9468-61B41DE63B82.png

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 22 of 105
Yankee2
Regular Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

It is on the Chase website, but not in the individual account.

Not sure whether it counts Amazon as a top purchase.

Also, Paypal Key still gives comming soon and not available messages. I tried every possible way but no luck to get a PPK Smiley Sad

I still don't see it.

Where is it on thier site?

Message 23 of 105
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Yankee2 wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Kinda funny how obvious this is a reaction to the Citi Custom Cash.

Does this stack on top of the +2% on dining or drugstores?

If so I'll be making a lot more trips to CVS for 11% back.

How?  I would think it was 3% for drug store + 5% for most common category, making 8%

1% base

2% drugstore category bonus

4% Q4 top category bonus

4% Q4 PayPal bonus (I pay with the app at checkout)

11% total

The Flex has 3% drugstore category, so it would be 12%

No, it's 1% base + 2% bonus, and the rules make it clear that the base is only counted once, so the (theoretical) calculation is right.

@MrDisco99 does Paypal + drugstore stack anyway?  That is, if you buy something at CVS with Paypal, do you get 5 or 7%?  You can just do a trial purchase before committing to making drug stores your biggest category!

Message 24 of 105
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Saw this today restaurant spend of up to $1500 is going on this card for 7% back then transferred to Sapphire as always

Message 25 of 105
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MrDisco99 does Paypal + drugstore stack anyway?  That is, if you buy something at CVS with Paypal, do you get 5 or 7%?  You can just do a trial purchase before committing to making drug stores your biggest category!

Yep

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 9.51.52 PM.png

Message 26 of 105
Crowhelm
Established Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

@Taurus22 wrote:

If anyone had a sizeable home improvement project they could order material/appliances online, PayPal would stack.

Any Travel reservations online would stack.

And anyone who regularly orders food online, this would also stack.

FFlex is already on my TO-DO list, but this certainly strengthens its weight....I hope Chase continues with these kind of promos...

And @JNA1 ........stop it.  I know what's going on in that head right now.  Smiley Surprised 

I can think about it all I want, but I'm sulking in the garden for quite a while yet! 😭🤷‍♂️😂AD1F00AD-0114-441C-9468-61B41DE63B82.png

But you got the awesome Affinity card and CL. Is that an app you are using there?

Message 27 of 105
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Well, if Chase is going to play like that, I may just have to stop at a branch on the way home from work to see if I have any hidden offers 😁

If not, I just might PC my Freedom Visa over. Like others, I've left it be for Costco use, but if Chase is going to make CFF into a Custom Cash hybrid, then I'll definitely get more value from it year round than I would for the one quarter it gets the Costco swipes instead of AOD.

Message 28 of 105
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I suppose this is more incentive for me to switch to the CFF from the CF since I don't see this on the CF.

Message 29 of 105
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Is there any information on whether this offer would be available only for CFF but not for the old Chase Freedom (CF)?

CFF has a small SUB (~200$) but it gives 5% on groceries in the first year (excluding Walmart/Target). Instead of PC, it might be better to apply for CFF directly.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 30 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.