tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Freedom Flex top spend category

@Remedios wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@xenon3030 wrote:

Why do you want to wait till December 1st? I assume that this SUB grocery is valid for a 12 month fixed period but I might be wrong.

Chase has an excellent credit card department. I got my CSP within 2 days, using expedite shipment Smiley Happy

Because I'm Heavy/24 

In December, Normal people/24 

You calling me fat?? 😂

Well Fed/24 

😂😂

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 41 of 105
Live4Fishing
Valued Member

Thank you for this post !   This is great news as my wife just received her Chase Freedom Flex in the mail yesterday.  It pairs great with my CSR card that we transfer all our UR points to on a monthly basis.  Since we get a year of groceries at 5%... we'll be choosing that category to stack with this extra promo / bonus.

AOD Visa Signature - 10K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards - 25K
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 18K
Capital One Savor One - 10K
Simmons Bank Visa Platinum - 7K
PenFed >PenFed Promise Visa - 5K
Chase Ultimate Rewards (AU) - 19K
Chase Ink Business Cash - 4K
Capital One Venture X - 30K
Message 42 of 105
Live4Fishing
Valued Member

Not seeing this promo anywhere when looking at our Freedom Flex card account when logged into Chase.  Seems like if this was a legit promo then you'd see it tied to your Chase FF card.  I've already activated the quarterly categories...  but not seeing any mention of this promo.

AOD Visa Signature - 10K
Message 43 of 105
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Live4Fishing wrote:

Not seeing this promo anywhere when looking at our Freedom Flex card account when logged into Chase.  Seems like if this was a legit promo then you'd see it tied to your Chase FF card.  I've already activated the quarterly categories...  but not seeing any mention of this promo.

The way to find it is when you activate your 4th quarter category. You see the below screen. When you click on the link for the FAQ, it is the bottom entry on the FAQ.

capture5.GIF

Message 44 of 105
Live4Fishing
Valued Member

@kilroy8:

Ah... there it is.  Thank you for the screenshot.  This gave me all the info. on it. 

At first I thought we had to go in and manually choose the "Top Spend" category that we wanted.  But it appears it will add your 5% bonus by default automatically to whatever category you spend the most money on... so I get it now.  This will definitely be groceries for me since this is a brand new CC for us and we're getting the 1 -year 5% sign up promo for groceries.  This card just keeps getting better.

AOD Visa Signature - 10K
Message 45 of 105
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Is there anyway to check whether I can get prequalified, before submitting application? I checked offers and Chase Credit Journey but I cannot see whether I am prequalified or not.

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 46 of 105
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Is there anyway to check whether I can get prequalified, before submitting application? I checked offers and Chase Credit Journey but I cannot see whether I am prequalified or not.

If not on offers, you have to self-assess. Are you under 5/24? Over 720 or so FICO 8? Utilization low? Nothing new in a few months?

Message 47 of 105
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I just checked my account dates on EX. I'm 7/24 and won't be "normal people/24" until March.

Anyone know if in-branch pre-approvals bypass 5/24 like the green and black stars do? Otherwise I'll likely "Flex my Freedom" through PC.

Message 48 of 105
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp wrote:

I just checked my account dates on EX. I'm 7/24 and won't be "normal people/24" until March.

Anyone know if in-branch pre-approvals bypass 5/24 like the green and black stars do? Otherwise I'll likely "Flex my Freedom" through PC.

They do if you have one 

Message 49 of 105
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

3/24, 790+, ~7 HPs. It is strange that it does not show prequalified offers. I guess because I got CSP a few months ago and afterward, all the previous black stars disappeared Smiley Happy

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 50 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.